Finally my busa pics

Now thats a nice looking scoot.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Possibly!, If you are going for a Salt Flat land speed record 200+ in a straight line. Perhaps I've spent too much time on the GXSR 1000's, but Carving corners at 130 and hitting 180-190 in the straights, the standard European or Race Fender is 100% Stable. Don't really see it making much difference on a Busa, but I could be wrong. Reality is I personally just don't care for the Bulbous looking stock fender, it covers too much of the tire and wheel, just a simple cosmetic quirk.
A gixxer isn't a busa... and Suzuki put that big fender on it for a reason instead of a smaller gixxer one... that's just what I'd guess. But I'm no expert on aerodynamics. But I know when they designed the bike they were going for the best aerodynamics possible for a stock street bike... and that design hasn't changed in 8 model years.

I happen to like the stock fender... it's rather unique to the sportbike world just like the busa, itself... a big fat ball of speed.

But a Busa is a GSXR, I actually like the way the stock fender Looks on all the Busa's, EXCEPT for the WHITE ones on the 06 LE, for some reason it just looks odd and over bulbous in white.  Again, it is strictly a personal preference or opinion issue. kind of like the difference between a Stock windscreen and an aftermarket (I happen to like Puig DS DB) the factory stock windscreen is designed for aerodynamics, if you could get your head that low!  But as a cosmetic and funtional Mod we all change out the windscreen!  Same issue with the Fender.  This thread is about Black954's Mods, and I guarantee you there will be a large faction of Busa Owners that will LOVE the Mods on this bike, especially the CF Fender! It's a radical Appearance Mod and I think it looks Race Ready.

<!--EDIT|Director
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154698488 -->

Nice bike looks good where did you get the brake and clutch levers I have been looking for some like that

I got the levers from Motomummy.com. They are great to order from and no hassles, I highly recomend.
As far as the fender, The bulbous stock one is for ultra high speed aerodynamics. In the real world, I only use my busa to 170ish and therefore don't need the extra aerodynamics. When I go to the Miricle Mile this fall, I will probably put the stock one back on for all out top speed. Then again, MotoGP bikes have a regular fender and they go 200mph+ on some straightaways. I more just like the performance look though and will keep it.

Why did decide on the Marchesini wheels over other light weights.

What's the pane factor on those how much $$$
I originally wanted the PVM 10 spokes, but was talked out of them for a number of reasons. I guess they have horrible customer service if anything goes wrong. I also heard that replacement parts (like cush drive spacers, wheel bearings, and sprockets) are very difficult to track down. So instead I went with the Marchesini's. They have been around alot longer and have proved themselves as building a superior product. I am very happy with these wheels and have no regrets over the PVM's. I also considered the BST Carbon Fiber wheels, but I don't want a wheel that has a shelf life (like magnesium) and if I damage the carbon fiber wheels, there is no repairing them. I believe they were $2600 for the wheels with sprocket, $280 for the tires, and $180 for the powdercoating. And yes I mounted them myself. The rear balanced out perfect and the front only needed 1/2 an ounce. Not too bad.

marchesinis_2.JPG

But a Busa is a GSXR, I actually like the way the stock fender Looks on all the Busa's, EXCEPT for the WHITE ones on the 06 LE, for some reason it just looks odd and over bulbous in white. Again, it is strictly a personal preference or opinion issue. kind of like the difference between a Stock windscreen and an aftermarket (I happen to like Puig DS DB) the factory stock windscreen is designed for aerodynamics, if you could get your head that low! But as a cosmetic and funtional Mod we all change out the windscreen! Same issue with the Fender. This thread is about Black954's Mods, and I guarantee you there will be a large faction of Busa Owners that will LOVE the Mods on this bike, especially the CF Fender! It's a radical Appearance Mod and I think it looks Race Ready.
It's not a gsx-r 1300 it's a gsx 1300r... lol! Completely different machine no matter what you call it. But you don't see anyone ever refer to a busa as a gixxer.

Either way... I doubt having a smaller fender is going to really hurt anyway. So, yeah, it's someone's personal choice. I think with the snaller fender it looks like it's missing something and out of place. But we all have our own opinions...

Still, nice bike! I can overlook the fender! It's still a busa afterall...

I got the levers from Motomummy.com. They are great to order from and no hassles, I highly recomend.
As far as the fender, The bulbous stock one is for ultra high speed aerodynamics. In the real world, I only use my busa to 170ish and therefore don't need the extra aerodynamics. When I go to the Miricle Mile this fall, I will probably put the stock one back on for all out top speed. Then again, MotoGP bikes have a regular fender and they go 200mph+ on some straightaways. I more just like the performance look though and will keep it.
I've never seen a busa raced professionally with a tiny fender...

Again, a busa is not a 370lb gixxer...

Back