Final price for an 04 'Busa

bluntball

Registered
Hi everyone.  I am going to buy an 04 'Busa, and the MSRP is $10,899.  I was wondering if anyone has had any luck talking dealers down from that price, and if so how much?  I don't want to pay any more than that, but I also want a helmet, jacket and all the taxes included in that price.  Think it will fly?

background:
I recently had a 95 CBR 900RR.  It was my first bike, I bought it used, and it had plenty of power for me at first.  After about 7 months and almost 10,000 miles, I got it jetted(st 3), after market exhaust, k&n filter, etc.  Well I blew it up earlier this month - I threw a chain at 150mph.  It was a hair-raising experience, and I had to change my drawers afterward.  Well it totalled out and I am only getting about 3500 from the insurance.  So I have 2 years of heavy mileage under my belt, and I am electing to get the busa.  It is the only bike that I fit comfortably on, except the zzR1200, or FJ1300.  But I love the Busa.  Any tips on talking them down would be appreciated.  Thanks,

John

best bet is to go for a new 03 left over if ya can.but thats up here in ct.deals can be had they dont sell crazy like where im at.in fl ever think about used ?

I don't want a used one. I have had my share of minor problems that come with a used bike. I just want to know what kind of deals that other people are getting on their 'busa's....

Few things...have to know your dealer, is he a big, high volume dealer use to moving iron or a small "every sale counts" type of guy....usually, the bigger dealers will come off the price a little more....you need to know the approximate dealer invoice and you have to let him make a little money. I paid $9760 for a new 03 in late August last year, did a little better because the season, as far as he was concerned, was drawing to a close. He still made about $600 on me, but that's ok...I also talked him out of a 48 mo unlimited mile extended warranty at his cost. You can find all you need to know on the internet.... come armed and educated, make it known that you are there to buy. Don't be afraid to suspend negociations if they are unwilling to deal. You will most likely get a call. Most of all, know where your absolute $ go-no-go line is (as compared to your emotional go at any cost side) and DON"T look at the bike during nego....hehehe! Good luck!

Bought my 04 se for 10,400 out the door.The dealer wanted much more so I searched everywhere and found it cheaper.I brought in an emailed quote and said match it or I'll get it there. The owner cried but I got what I wanted. That was one hard check to write though.

Get an Out the Door price. Dealers vary in all the added on BS charges like prep, freight and doc fees.

The $$$ subject has been hit a million times in here and overall it just depends on where you live. I would say the average out the door prices range from $9500 to $9900.
I paid $9720 for mine after all the charges, actual price of the bike was $9154.

If you're willing to travel or have it shipped, IL, IN and OH have the best prices.

Don't even waste time looking for a left over '03 as you'd stand a better chance at winning a lottery. The dealers in my area haven't made much of an attempt to keep '04's in stock. If you want a blue/silver or red model you'll be waiting a few weeks.

I may have to buy new also if I can't find a clean '03 copper in a month or two when I finish getting all of my money together. Our dealer here has all of the colors and even has extra's in crates in the warehouse. They also have all colors of ZX10's R1's etc.

Best way to deal is to have CASH in hand. If not shop around and you'll find privately owned businesses liscensed and selling bikes for hundreds under MSRP!
Good luck.

BD

I live in Va but bought mine up in OH at http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com. I got mine for $9,265 OTD, they don't charge freight, Prep or a processing fee. Send them an email asking for a quote. I also had to pay about $300 for my state taxes. If you don't want to drive up to OH, they can ship it for around $300. About $9900 total if you add it all up. Have you checked on insurance? State Farm has the best, everyone that has SF has it for $375-$475/yr. Good Luck.:)

A good rule of thumb is not to pay more than the MSRP out-the-door (bike, tax, title, plates, etc...) My experience has been that the dealers have a tough time dealing on the busas. It really depends on the particular dealer though. Mostly, the amount they have in stock and the amount they plan on receiving throughout the year sets the bar for what they will sell the bike for. If you do some hunting, I bet you can still find an untitled '03 for a great price. If you don't have an in with any dealerships, your best bet is use local dealers quotes against each other to drive the out-the-door price down. I got the dealership I bought my busa at to drop the price on my brother's '04 GSX750R by $500 because another local dealership's quote was $150 lower than their initial quote. Believe me, they want your business. They don't make much on the bikes, but want you to come back for the parts and service.

My .02

Thanks for all your help. I am in the military and my insurance and financing is going through USAA. I'm requesting some quotes online, so I have more fuel when i go there to light a fire under the dealership's ass.

My friend also gave me some advice. He said that I can talk them down for an out the door price of about 10G's, with the promise of spending some $$ on accessories right there on the spot....

I've got accounts with USAA, but found Pentagon Federal Credit Union had better rates on loans. Check them out. You will have to open an account probably, but that doesn't cost more than $5.

My friend also gave me some advice.  He said that I can talk them down for an out the door price of about 10G's, with the promise of spending some $$ on accessories right there on the spot....
Out the door price also depends on your local sales tax rate. My dealer cut me a good deal on the busa but my county raped me on taxes.
mad.gif
As for buyin' gear when you buy the bike, don't agree to do that unless they offer a sweet discount on the gear as well. My dealer offered 30% off of any gear I bought with the bike. I've heard of dealers offering as much as 50% off on gear at the time of the bike purchase. If you talk them down on the bike price and then pay full price on the gear, you'll blow any savings you got on the bike if you get much gear at all.
wink.gif

FWIW, I've only priced one busa lately (an '04 SE) and the dealer I was at said that $12,000 was the best out the door deal they could give on a busa. Of course he also said that even though the gixxer1k was a lot faster than a busa, the busa was still a sweet bike. This was said after I told him I was lookin' at litre bikes but before he knew I had a busa.
laugh.gif
Muhfuggin' idiot!!!
mad.gif
This is the same dealer that wanted $167 for a pair of ICON TiMax gauntlet gloves that you can get most anywhere else for around $130.
rock.gif

mad.gif

Thanks BigBSBusa for the advice on the Pentagon Fed. Credit Union!  Their rates are 5 pts less than everywhere else I checked!  I just opened an account with them to become a member, and I will wait until everything goes through to apply for financing.  

It should be no problem, USAA pre-approved me for 20G's.  My credit is pretty good.

We'll see what happens.  I can't wait, but I know my patience will be the key to getting the best deal!

Regards,

John

<!--EDIT|bluntball
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088087613 -->

Thanks BigBSBusa for the advice on the Pentagon Fed. Credit Union!  Their rates are 5 pts less than everywhere else I checked!  I just opened an account with them to become a member, and I will wait until everything goes through to apply for financing.  

It should be no problem, USAA pre-approved me for 20G's.  My credit is pretty good.

We'll see what happens.  I can't wait, but I know my patience will be the key to getting the best deal!

Regards,

John
No problem, glad I could help out! I have had great service with them! Let us know how it goes!

Last weekend I stopped at four different dealers, and they all had 40th Anniversary Orange Busa's on the floor. I even saw the red '04 which I don't really care for. Something about that particular shade of red.

These are dealers in NorCal.

Hey sane-man,
Where in nor-cal did you see the orange busas. Which dealers? I'm on the lookout for this bike.

Any info is much appreciated!

Back