Field Armor Boots-Need Advice

jeffroe334

Registered
I owned an SV 1000 and I had a CBR 1000RR and recently sold them for a Busa. I bought some Field Armor boots from ICON.

If you have ever been snow skiing these boots feel about the same when you wear them.

Here is the question/problem. I'm 6'6" and had to order a size 12. They fit, there tight like I said, if I got in a bad accident my ankles and feet would be fine.

Problem is I can't wear the boots and ride at the same time. Problem is I can't shift with my left foot, the boots are thick from the sole to the top of my foot and the shift lever is to low, I can't even angle my toe in to get at the shifter.

I know it has to do with being tall and having a big foot and long legs, what do you other guys do, do I need to adjust the shifter on my left foot, is that normal, how is this done? Or what other option do I have, I been riding with tennis shoes forever, decided to ride a little more geared up and I can't shift? help!

Thanks,

Jeff

I have those same boots in size 11 and ride with them all the time. I just use the edge where the sole meets the body of the boot. They are definitely a very reassuring boot and not really all that hot either. YOu can also adjust your shifter to meet your needs. I wear other boots/shoes at certain times so I learn to ride with what I have on at the time.

Back