Faring Screens

flyboy

Registered
This is a question to all those that have done this mod. I can see how easy the right hand side is, but what did you do with the left side? How did you deal with the plug that is protruding past the faring openning? Please post pics of the left side if you have them. Thks!
rock.gif

Flyboy.. I did this mod but didn't have any issues, except that I was concerned the screen would rub through the radiator hose.. It hasn't proved to be an issue yet..

by the way.. where's your banner?
biggrin.gif

This is a question to all those that have done this mod. I can see how easy the right hand side is, but what did you do with the left side? How did you deal with the plug that is protruding past the faring openning? Please post pics of the left side if you have them. Thks!
rock.gif
It's not a big deal flyboy. I've done mine twice (had a wreck) and had to redo once my fairing was repainted. Anyway, just bend it a little more outward than on the right side. Trust me, it's no big deal.

Brian

More a pain in the butt mod than a difficult mod. Get a good silicone based glue and some paper towels
smile.gif

More a  pain in the butt mod than a difficult mod.   Get a good silicone based glue and some paper towels
smile.gif
The best adhesive to do this mod is an automotive adhesive called "GOOP" You can find it at most auto parts stores. It costs about $4 and you will love the way it works. It looks just like silicone and is clear. But when it dries, you will have a bond that's better than super glue. Trust me! When I had to remove the screens before my fairings got painted, my painter had to actually grind them out with a grinder. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

Back