Facial hair

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, an odd topic, but what the heck. I've noticed when I have no facial hair, I don't get much attention from the gals & my family considers me so professional. Okay, now when I sport the Goatee with Moustache (sometimes trimmed up nicely & other times I look darn scruffy) - the women give me alot more looks, and even approach me....whats the deal...I'm a Shave head, Flat-top type of guy & didn't realize facial hair made such a difference in appearence to family (not so professional looking), friends, and the opposite sex.

So, whats the deal with the facial hair to women? And do you wear a beard, goatee, or moustache & have you got different impressions from people when clean shaven?

rock.gif

Yah I know, strange topic.....
tounge.gif

Anyhow, if I didnt notice different impressions from people, I would have never asked...maybe using Diesel fuel to celan my chain has had a strange happening on the old brain cells
laugh.gif

I think a majority of the ladies like the slightly scruffy or rugged look. Makes you look more dangerous or masculine. Clean shaven is more often associated with professional looking.

I personally can't stand to have facial hair. I prefer the clean shaven face!

I dunno Man, I've allways been such a huge chick magnet, that I noticed little difference...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OK seriously though, I've had this beard since College, minus my Active duty years. Ladies do seem to like the beard, the wife says it has something to do with the whole "Dangerous" thing? But I don't know...

I do know that ladies like men that are just a little bit scary, or intimidating.
thumbs-up.gif
Not saying I am any of the above, just what the wife said.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Between the tatoos and bushy goatee , people think I'm a Harley type !
biggrin.gif
Harley chicks dig the hairy face .
wink.gif

Wife likes me a little "dangerous".
laugh.gif
So, once in a while I forgo shaving for a day or two. I prefer to shave though. I have a job that expects a "professional appearance".

Well hell...I don't get looks either which way I go.
rock.gif

Hair or no hair, I don't get any looks. Aside from the quick, nervous, over-the-shoulder looks as they quickly walk away, at any rate.
rock.gif

rock.gif

here I go with my generalizations again: All women like, hair, muscles, tatoos, dangerous, sweaty, greasey, large truck drivin guys, and money because the instict to feel protected SEEMS more prevelant in guys like that... EVEN if it's a crock of bull. Dangerous guys will kick someones tush faster and without question, which is the primal protection thing and women like that. And the women here that deny that are only lying to themselves on the surface.... it's a deep "ID" thing they might not be abel to understand or ever admit. I too have experiemented with hair and gotten more attention with scruffage.

On another note, sections of the body secreat attractive pheromones in certain hair covered regions - one of them being the mustache area - you can guess the other area.

Many women dig facial hair and many can't stand the abrasion - and I'll take a bold unscientific guess that what they dig is based on their father, perspective or men programming and first experiences

Don't forget the programming of the "Mr. Clean" thing: here's a tuff, muscle bound, bald guy who looks BAD, but is sensitive enough to mop the floor! Can't beat THAT in a man
main_board_image.jpg

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147312637 -->

here I go with my generalizations again:  All women like, hair, muscles, tatoos, dangerous, sweaty, greasey, large truck drivin guys, and money because the instict to feel protected SEEMS more prevelant in guys like that... EVEN if it's a crock of bull.   Dangerous guys will kick someones tush faster and without question, which is the primal protection thing and women like that.  And the women here that deny that are only lying to themselves on the surface.... it's a deep "ID" thing they might not be abel to understand or ever admit.  I too have experiemented with hair and gotten more attention with scruffage.

On another note, sections of the body secreat attractive pheromones in certain hair covered regions - one of them being the mustache area - you can guess the other area.

Many women dig facial hair and many can't stand the abrasion - and I'll take a bold unscientific guess that what they dig is based on their father, perspective or men programming and first experiences

Don't forget the programming of the "Mr. Clean" thing:  here's a tuff, muscle bound, bald guy who looks BAD, but is sensitive enough to mop the floor!  Can't beat THAT in a man
main_board_image.jpg
Eh? did I read what I just did?
wow.gif

All women like, hair, muscles, tatoos, dangerous, sweaty, greasey, large truck drivin guys, and money because the instict to feel protected SEEMS more prevelant in guys like that...
Just NOT TRUE!!!!!! I know you pre-cleared yourself with the generalization comment but we really DO NOT all fit in that category!!! I think nicely trimmed goatees are sexy but I personally don't like them on MY man.

Also - I think it largely depends on the guy. Some look good with facial hair and some do not.

<!--EDIT|scootergirl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147317145 -->

Between the tatoos and bushy goatee , people think I'm a Harley type !  
biggrin.gif
Harley chicks dig the hairy face .
wink.gif
Gotta agree. Bald head and a long goatee combined with tats' is chick magnet. I shave my goat once a year. The wifey likes the way I look, something about a smooth bald head and a long goatee on her thighs.

Did I just say that out loud?
1zhelp.gif
The wife is gonna kill me if she reads this

I sport the gotee/mustache thing, and I think it's the dangerous/tougher looking thing. Personally, I'm a pussycat, but clean shaved, I'm a bald pussy...........as opposed to a mangy one.......know what I mean?
rock.gif

All women like, hair, muscles, tatoos, dangerous, sweaty, greasey, large truck drivin guys, and money because the instict to feel protected SEEMS more prevelant in guys like that...
Just NOT TRUE!!!!!! I know you pre-cleared yourself with the generalization comment but we really DO NOT all fit in that category!!! I think nicely trimmed goatees are sexy but I personally don't like them on MY man.

Also - I think it largely depends on the guy. Some look good with facial hair and some do not.
And I don't think scootergirl would look good with facial hair!!!!!
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

So I guess I'm too intimidating then? That's odd.

Bah...I give up. I don't think I'll ever understand the opposite sex.

I dunno...sometimes people tell me that I don't look like an agreeable person at first glance. I've had some female friends in college tell me that I was scary when they first met me.

Then, I hear that the girls like a little bit of an intimdating look.

I don't know what to think or believe, so I just gave up. I try to be nice to the Japanese tourists here, but more often than not their eyes get big and they start to walk a little more quickly.

Away from me.
down.gif

Oh well.

rock.gif

Back