Extended swing arm bikes are they only good for a straight line?

Stretched and lowered makes YOUR busa ride like a turd in the corners and that's just a fact.

And, you best hope those stretches between the corners are loooong and straight or you will get spanked like a little school girl! :laugh:

FYI, I have four Busas - two of which are stock length. I ride them all on the street. Of course I like the way my stock length bikes handle in the turns. And even though my stretched Busas don't do as well, they are by no means "turds". A stretched big hp turbo bike needs about 100 feet to get up some serious speed and if you think you can spank it, bring it. This is a good thread with some good information, which you have contributed to. Lets not go off-track and get :stoopid:

FYI, I have four Busas - two of which are stock length. I ride them all on the street. Of course I like the way my stock length bikes handle in the turns. And even though my stretched Busas don't do as well, they are by no means "turds". A stretched big hp turbo bike needs about 100 feet to get up some serious speed and if you think you can spank it, bring it. This is a good thread with some good information, which you have contributed to. Lets not go off-track and get :stoopid:

Your big HP stretched and slammed busa may corner like a fine steed for you but for me it's still a cornering "TURD"!

Im stretched 9 inches and I can still do pretty good in the twisties. By no means is it going to keep up with a stock length smaller bike, or a stock length Busa for that matter, but I was quite surprised with the handling after stretching it. Im sure keeping the 200 rear tire helps alot.

You can take the turns as fast as you are legally allowed to in most states with a 9" over arm :poke::whistle: :laugh:

Your big HP stretched and slammed busa may corner like a fine steed for you but for me it's still a cornering "TURD"!
yea but in the straights YOUR bike is a TURD! if you want a dedicated cornering bike then buy a liter bike.

yea but in the straights YOUR bike is a TURD! if you want a dedicated cornering bike then buy a liter bike.
Perfect example of why we have freedom of choice, and why one persons preference isn't always anothers. I think we should allow each other to enjoy the style of riding we like, whether its racetrack cornering abilites or the rush of brutal straightline acceleration.....or a combo of both :thumbsup:
I personally like a little of both, so I have a stock length/height busa, a stock length/height boosted 06 14, and a stretched/slammed/heavily modded old school gixxer 1100.
Nothing wrong with having diff tastes :beerchug:

Lets see the 1100... these were some of the early race bikes i worked on..I have a 750, street modded 1100 and a race 1100 with a huge motor and nitrous..

Perfect example of why we have freedom of choice, and why one persons preference isn't always anothers. I think we should allow each other to enjoy the style of riding we like, whether its racetrack cornering abilites or the rush of brutal straightline acceleration.....or a combo of both :thumbsup:
I personally like a little of both, so I have a stock length/height busa, a stock length/height boosted 06 14, and a stretched/slammed/heavily modded old school gixxer 1100.
Nothing wrong with having diff tastes :beerchug:

Lets see you pull a wheelie down the dragstrip with your 9" stretch and then ride out of the track and hit some twisties... :woot:

Ok stretched are fun for doing 300FT long burn outs and pulling out of the hole on a dragstrip..

Bottom line your stretched is better at straight line running and will beat me on the drag strip and my SWB will leave you in the twisties..
Like em all, we all have to make a decision when modifying our bikes for what we get from our rides.

Back