ever have one of those "couple of days"

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
as many have read i had a minor misshap with my rear tire rapidly deflateing in a nice sweeper yesterday on the way to work...(ripped valve stem) well today didnt get any better. went into town to pay some bills and car overheated and siezed engine....so now izzy is the family car. to answer the questions raidiator had a leak i had been instructing her to just fill with water till i could swap it this weekend...oil was low about 2 quarts...apparantly driveing it hot and a little low on oil....done for.... but hey...600 buck car...lasted 2+ years....time to move on. buy em cheap run them till they die...avoid high insurance and payments...afford more toys!

as many have read i had a minor misshap with my rear tire rapidly deflateing in a nice sweeper yesterday on the way to work...(ripped valve stem) well today didnt get any better. went into town to pay some bills and car overheated and siezed engine....so now izzy is the family car. to answer the questions raidiator had a leak i had been instructing her to just fill with water till i could swap it this weekend...oil was low about 2 quarts...apparantly driveing it hot and a little low on oil....done for.... but hey...600 buck car...lasted 2+ years....time to move on. buy em cheap run them till they die...avoid high insurance and payments...afford more toys!

Sounds like you have a great attitude in face of life's little bump's. :beerchug:
Keep on going on and this too will pass.
Godspeed to you!

yeah, i think you got your money's worth on that deal, good luck with the hunt for the replacement!

Its all relevant Chris....for all the bad...just as much good is around the corner.

Hang in there!

Hey Chris sorry to hear about your luck, but great outlook, hope to meet again soon

Well, you got your money's worth with that car.....good luck finding another deal like that! :cheerleader:

my 67 Plymouth's lower radiator inlet came completely on soldered after the thermostat decided to corrode and drop into the intake plugging all possible water passage..the engine reached about 370 degrees melting all the valve and head gaskets....motor was fine thank god...new gaskets 2 oil changes and i re-soldered the radiator...gotta love them la engines mopar builds:thumbsup:

Well, you got your money's worth with that car.....good luck finding another deal like that! :cheerleader:

in this economy..i find these consistantly...have been doing it for years...already have had offers for 1000 or less cars people need to get rid of in good condition due to support or whatever.:thumbsup:

well i replaced my front tire last week and i wanted to get the 90's put on the rim and what they had didnt fit...now the tire is still looseing pressure at about 15lbs every 3-4 days... sprayed with soapy water...no bubbles....anyone else having problems with thier rims loosing air?

ok...seems its not done yet...been harvesting the garden and freezing getting ready for winter and i go out tonight to find my chest freezer dethawed....and DOA. i played with it and its the thermostat. its only a 5 cu ft and they want 107$ for the thermostat. thats as much as the whole unit!! ???

yer streak of bad luck is now over...bike, car, freezer...that's three, baby...u are good for now...:laugh:

Cant you bypass the t-stat? I know on some freezers you can just bypass them and they will just pretty much run all the time.

yes i can bypass it...concerns on freezing up the compressor. was thinking of trying a timer half hour on 3-4 hrs off...try to regulate the temp that way...but most timers are not designed for higher amp flow.

ok today we have options of a neighbors old 7cu ft chest freezer that still works for 25$ or a old 18cu ft upright (frost free) for 60 with 30 day warrenty...but.....here we go again....i get up this morning and my computer monitor is dead....powers up but shows nothing includeing the splash for the manufactor. thank goodness i got 3 other monitors i can snatch from the other computers....wow....getting stupid i tell ya

Back