Estimated HP required to break 200mph?

That weekend at loring I went over 200 14 times . When I go to loring this year I will go over 200 more then 14 times . I like hot lapping .

Bill

That weekend at loring I went over 200 14 times . When I go to loring this year I will go over 200 more then 14 times . I like hot lapping .

Bill

As I recall, you made a gazillion laps and I called BS on you until I was set straight with your hot lapping accomplishments. But 7,920 feet at Loring is way different than 5,280 feet at Goliad or Maxton.

I have witnessed and heard of many stock Gen 1's & 2's going over 200 at both venues. Variables such as wind, air temp, tuck, body weight, etc... play such a role that it is really just the luck of the draw whether you can go 200 on any particular day or not. When NA motored bikes can go 226 in 1 mile on motor only (granted...a BIG motor), it proves that tuck, weight, wheels, air temp, yada yada, means everything along with the planets being in alignment that day to achieve your goals.

Since breaking 200 many years ago, I have garnered over 40 time tickets over the 200 mark while trying to go over 230. As with anything, the more times you do it, the more lethargic it becomes causing you to need more speed to feed the adrenaline juncky in us all. Since none of us can say when too much is enough, I caution everyone to sit back and really take stock in your program to achieve 200mph. We have lost 2 experienced riders in the last few years and I want to caution everyone that going really fast like we do is Very Very dangerous. Please take a moment when you are looking over your rides to double and triple check everything on your ride to be sure it is up to spec, safe, lubed, wired, adjusted and that your leathers are in good shape with ALL the inside padded areas. Look folks, we are the extreme of racing. We are the ones that take huge chances with our lives at those speeds. Please don't cut any rules, don't cut any corners, don't put your life at risk because you chose to take a small chance with anything that could possibly in any way do you harm. Live to race another day.
Enough safety soapbox for one post.

Go fast and be safe.
See you all at the Dealer PowerSports Show in Indy Feb 12-15
Dealer Expo - Home Page
I'm in Booth 3425
The Tiger will be there so come by and say hello get a FREE T-Shirt

Guy

It can be done with under 200 hp few things needed skill, setup, and tune, I was 170 #
I did it with only 187 H.P. in the mile.

Last edited:
I did it on my genll with just the bolt ons. 202.73 was my best and it dynoed 4 months later at 186. I may have had a little more at the tracy sense i was running the piss out of it with no2 at the race after i did the 202. So I would say you need between 180 or so to just over 200 depending on the conditions.

In my "pre-Busa" days, I logged a bit over 1 psi or ram air boost on my ZX12 at Maxton. Thats a bit more than a 6.5% boost in HP. Your 185 HP bikes may actually be making 200 HP at that speed with a well designed ram air system. I haven't logged MAP on my Busa yet, but I would expect something similar. If my CdA numbers are correct, I still contend that it calculates out to about 200 HP to go 200 MPH.

In my "pre-Busa" days, I logged a bit over 1 psi or ram air boost on my ZX12 at Maxton. Thats a bit more than a 6.5% boost in HP. Your 185 HP bikes may actually be making 200 HP at that speed with a well designed ram air system. I haven't logged MAP on my Busa yet, but I would expect something similar. If my CdA numbers are correct, I still contend that it calculates out to about 200 HP to go 200 MPH.

Everyone was referencing 200 h.p. on the dyno
We were making 185 and 0.82 PSI in our air box wich is 9.84 H.P.
06 ZX10 185 + 9.84 = roughly real world 195 h.p. with ram air.

our 04 Zx10 made 0.70 - 0.72 psi
Sal.

I did it on my genll with just the bolt ons. 202.73 was my best and it dynoed 4 months later at 186. I may have had a little more at the tracy sense i was running the piss out of it with no2 at the race after i did the 202. So I would say you need between 180 or so to just over 200 depending on the conditions.

Thats a decent speed for bolt ons :thumbsup:

Guy ,
Nice safety talk . Safety is first . and yes I know I got over 200 in mile and a half and in the mile my best speed was 199.780 close but not close enough . I will do better this year . I install a DL-32 Data Logger , LC-1 and in march just before texas Johnny Cheeze is going to tune my busa . I feel its going to be a good year .

Go Fast (But be safe):thumbsup:
Bill

Guy ,
Nice safety talk . Safety is first . and yes I know I got over 200 in mile and a half and in the mile my best speed was 199.780 close but not close enough . I will do better this year . I install a DL-32 Data Logger , LC-1 and in march just before texas Johnny Cheeze is going to tune my busa . I feel its going to be a good year .

Go Fast (But be safe):thumbsup:
Bill

Bill,

Do you get that logger installed and ready to go...?

I look forward to seeing you guys again in March... :beerchug:

Josh ,
Yes , I installed it my self . easy to install .Took it to INNOVATE tech office here in caifornia , Felipe in tech helped me reset the gauges , showed me how to read the gauge and graphs. now I just need some testing grounds . Do you have a data logger on your busa .

Bill:thumbsup:

Sorry, that was suppose to be "Did"... :laugh:

I haven't got one yet but plan on having one very soon. That's on the top of my list for 2010 mods... :thumbsup:

Do you mind posting up some pics of your install location and wiring...?

Back to the original post what it takes to go 200MPH for me is:

Brock's Pipe
Power Commander
remove emmissions system
P.A.I.R. block off plates
small airbox mod
no filter
better Ram Air seals
Ram Air Scoops
approx 60HP worth of Nitrous
Aero's No Mirrors
no grab rail
seat hump stepped seat( helps me stay seated on the launch and lets me move up and back on the top)
I weigh about 115lbs
45psi in tires
My bike dynoed at 155 HP with the first 5 mods.
I have since learned that Dyno numbers don't mean alot for comparos as every Dyno reads differently. This combo was good enough to get me 201.534MPH at the Texas Mile. Thanks again for the safety reminder Guy!

M
Queen of the Banned

Just a little question.

Are you always talking about HP on wheel ?
As there will be a difference of about 7-12% to engine power.
(depending conditions of chain,sprockets,bearings and adjustment of all this.
I saw a bike on the dyno , gaining 3 RW-HP just with alining the chain propperly and a bit of lube (was realy bad before and not checked)
Look on every detail

200 HP on wheel will be near to the limit of stock fuel system ?

I think most important (as many wrote9 is aerodynamics as air-resistence grows exponential to speed.
4 x HP are needed to go double the speed.

Interesting threat , thanks to posters

Now all you have to do is tack on about 90 lbs. of lead weight to that sled, and you can become a F.A.R.T. member and still keep your slim figure:thumbsup:

P.S. it was nice meeting you and your husband last Oct. at Texas. ( My wife was the umbrella girl)

See ya'll in March

Back