Estimated HP required to break 200mph?

Here is an article by Brock Davidson taking a 2008 Gen II Busa with bolt on mods to 200 mph. The bike dynoed at 200 HP.

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Hayabusa Chronicles Part 2 ::

guys on here have broke 200 with a light rider on gen 2 stock de restricted.

The stock motor has enough juice...under the right conditions

VERY HARD TO DO on a stock motor so don't take this information out there and say I told you it would do it, because you'll probably be closer to around the 190 range~!~

BUT, we are running right around 200 with close to the same Brock's set up as he ran and Kevin even touched down a 202.7 on stock motor with bolt on mods...ceramic wheel bearings, filter, etc, etc...

Just because we used stock motors doesn't mean we didn't tweak the heck out of every thing else we could tweak to gain a little more speed through either power or air flow around the bike.

At those speeds, the aeros play more of a part on the stock motor runs than anything else~!~

More HP might take some of the slack out of bad Aerodynamics...

Last edited:
???

No need for that, it is nothing against you. I just want to see who is making these claims. :poke:

I've got $100 that says it will NEVER happen on a stock Gen-II bike (unrestriced) unlimited space... ;)

You would probably win your $100, because it's extremely hard to back up ...BUT

Just curious, anyone in general on this site or internet aside...what don't you believe about Brock's bike doing 200+ on stock motor~?~

BTW...we also ran the MR9 (same as Brock did) which added about 6 hp on the dyno. I'm sure there are a couple things done that added a HP here and there...but by stock motor I mean nothing touched internal on the motor.

(I do make the mistake sometimes of saying stock HP when I actually mean stock motor...stock motor does not = stock HP and this may cause some confusion)

When I say "we" I am referring primarily to Kevin, he is lighter and little bit faster than I am so I use him as a more worthy example

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious when people say "there is NO WAY you went 200mph on a stock motor!"... :laugh:

Several people essentially called us liars at Texas. Heck, we've got so called tuners on here that say the numbers we are making on the dyno are a lie (I guess because they can't make them)... :rofl:

Fact is three of us all went over 200mph that day and I was the heaviest and slowest at 204. Bill's friend went 205 on his bike (he went 199) and Bob went 206 the same day ALL were 100% stock motor Gen-II BUSA's.

I think it's hilarious when people say "there is NO WAY you went 200mph on a stock motor!"... :laugh:

Several people essentially called us liars at Texas. Heck, we've got so called tuners on here that say the numbers we are making on the dyno are a lie (I guess because they can't make them)... :rofl:

Fact is three of us all went over 200mph that day and I was the heaviest and slowest at 204. Bill's friend went 205 on his bike (he went 199) and Bob went 206 the same day ALL were 100% stock motor Gen-II BUSA's.

Yea, and then Bill and Bob backed it up at Loring with me and 2 other "stock" Gen II busas. Bob did an UNBELIEVABLE 214 on motor towards the end of the event with favorable conditions. I ran 208 on stock motor.

Yea, and then Bill and Bob backed it up at Loring with me and 2 other "stock" Gen II busas. Bob did an UNBELIEVABLE 214 on motor towards the end of the event with favorable conditions. I ran 208 on stock motor.

Thank you, I'm glad we're on the same page...I thought from previous threads you had some dis beliefs on statements about doing 200 on the stock motored Gen II.

Some of the mis interpretation might come into play when I say "stock" motor...that doesn't mean anything else is stock...:laugh:

don't forget the term "show room stock" to muddy the water :laugh:

That could be a great term to mislead in one case I know of...they build one Busa at a time in the shop here with the bolt ons such as full Brock's system, PC, etc and sell it off the floor brand new like that...then if it works out they build another one and sell~!~ :whistle:

That's show room stock, right~?~:laugh:

Last edited:
That could be MISINTERPRETED in one case I know of...they build one Busa at a time in the shop here with the bolt ons such as full Brock's system, PC, etc and sell it off the floor brand new like that...then if it works out they build another one and sell~!~ :whistle:

That's show room stock, right~?~:laugh:

Might be a better statement

Thank you, I'm glad we're on the same page...I thought from previous threads you had some dis beliefs on statements about doing 200 on the stock motored Gen II.

Some of the mis interpretation might come into play when I say "stock" motor...that doesn't mean anything else is stock...:laugh:

Oh no, I'm on the same page. I have no doubt that 200mph is possible on a stock N/A (unopened not even a valve cover lifted or spark plug changed) Gen-II motor.

My only disbelief is stock gearing and stock tire. From everything I've learned and tested it wasn't possible on my bike. 195-196ish max is what I've seen unless you go to a 55-tire or drop a tooth or two on the rear sprocket.

Yes sir... :thumbsup: ...awesome runs guys! :beerchug:

I hope I can get up there this year to join the Loring 200mph club. I'm still waiting to bid my vacation days in the seniority line and it's not looking good so far... :(

Oh no, I'm on the same page. I have no doubt that 200mph is possible on a stock N/A (unopened not even a valve cover lifted or spark plug changed) Gen-II motor.

(

Actually, you got me...I have to admit...I did change the spark plugs~!~ :laugh:

Funny thing about that, I went to change out the plugs after brake in about 500 miles to put Iridium plugs in...they didn't tell me the Gen II comes factory with Iridiums so I wasted my money~!!~

I hope I can get up there this year to join the Loring 200mph club. I'm still waiting to bid my vacation days in the seniority line and it's not looking good so far... :(

If you come up to Maine, just remember to bring plenty of gearing. I thought I brought enough, but was grossly mistaken. First pass was a mandatory shakedown. Second was motor on 87 pump gas. Third was on 40 shot spray, and out of gear at 214 at the 1 mile mark. Track was fast...

Draco, What gearing did you top out with? I also ran out of gear,where as I figured I was limited by HP and needed less gear.
Weather conditions/air etc. clearly play in to it all, sometimes(this time:whistle:) for better, worse.
Loring tailwind is worth, both extra gearing & maximum use of HP!:bowdown::thumbsup:

If you come up to Maine, just remember to bring plenty of gearing. I thought I brought enough, but was grossly mistaken. First pass was a mandatory shakedown. Second was motor on 87 pump gas. Third was on 40 shot spray, and out of gear at 214 at the 1 mile mark. Track was fast...

I plan to bring a taller tire and a few extra sprockets if I can get up there. I learned the hard way that the gearing charts out there aren't always correct. I hope I can experience similar weather conditions if I make it... :drool:

Draco, What gearing did you top out with? I also ran out of gear,where as I figured I was limited by HP and needed less gear.
Weather conditions/air etc. clearly play in to it all, sometimes(this time:whistle:) for better, worse.
Loring tailwind is worth, both extra gearing & maximum use of HP!:bowdown::thumbsup:

My trailer (and the gear charts / notes) are buried under a snow drift right now. I'll get back to you soon, but my limiter was flashed to 11,500, and I was right on the limiter so I packed it up and went home. My gear charts were right on, but I underestimated how fast the Gen II busa was.

I agree, not only is it fast, but also much more areodynamic than my gen 1, having ridden them back to back a few times.Most noticable in the cooler/denser air.
At loring I was completely tucked, out of any wind turbulence, whatsoever.Big bike!
Little did I know how violent it was only a few inches away!
I did have a DB screen so that helped alot with wind,while at the same time taking some aero away????
My gearing was stock, with a 55 rear tire.Last 2 runs- 206.4+ were 2 hundreths apart. With the stock limiter, I was tapping it with at least a 1/4/ mile to go.
It felt like there was some left in it!,prob.not much, but it went unused:laugh:
Frustrating trying to time the finish line with the limiter. But hey,I aint complaining,went a lot faster than expected.
On a side note, I would like to see some gen 2 bodywork on the big turbo bikes.See if there is a diff. in aeros. Any body set one up yet? :beerchug:

Back