Engineers, doctors, lawyers, and politicians.

OB_maui

Registered
I think we might have had a thread like this before. The question I'm putting out is what professional contributions can you make here? This way we might be able to direct our questions better. I know there are several engineers here. What kind of engineering do you do? What's your background? We also have at least one resident Doctor. Are there any more? Any other occupations that we might pick up some good hints from? Manufacturers? Chemists? Okay, even I have to admit lawyers are good to have around, are there any? Maybe one could right the disclaimer for this thread? Politicians can help shed light on things for us as well.

I'm a machinist (or at least that's what other people say I am). I'm also a TIG welder (aircraft quality). My skills came to me OJT. I never went to school for any of it. Wish I had, as I have a deep respect for those who are formally trained.

Maui good point made!
I'm an aircraft mechanic, wish I could TIG weld like you but I do OK with Oxy Accetelene. I'm willing to help in any way I can. Good luck with your post.

I am not a professional in the strict sense but I've been an international ad agency national creative director for two agencies: Saatchi & Saatchi and another very large agency called DMB&B for the past 20 years.

This job is about taking responsibility for the creative and production output of the whole agency. TV commercials...far too many of them. Clients like Budweiser, British Airways, P&G, Ford, etc. Now I have my own little agency (15 people) and I like the freedom.

I'm pleased to help out any Member with communications advice for their companies if I can. I get plenty of free high-level advice from you guys and don't really get any opportunity to give anything back.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 24 December 1999).]

Pro Wrestler { not kidding } 6'10 385lb, 35 years old, enjoy folks being tough when they dont have to look you in the eye, explains their whole makeup. I never sweat threats or silly talk on the web because I never hear any in the real world. Iam really a fun cool guy and dont ever try to intidate anyone but will respond in a face to face confrontation if pushed. I like most people and play well with most, any questions?

Lets see...Electrician,Systems tech(industrial computers and process control)Class II industrial waste water operator,EMT,Federal cfc licensed and Ex military police.

Fitch, ever done a Japan tour ? They're very keen on it here but tend to use clubs and chairs too !

I love wrestling in Japan, they treat us like royalty there and the moneys great but I miss being home. Everyone knows the score about pro wrestling but until you try it you wont believe how injurous it can be. I hurt right now but thats normal. Being home with my family and riding my bikes are true treasures for me.

Wow Fitch,
I bet you I know a lot of the guys you do. I was roomates with Mike Hegstrand for a couple of years(Hawk of the Road Warriors) For the Fishing opener in Minnesota I went Fishing with Kurt Hennig(Mr. Perfect) I'm friends with Barry Darsow,Joe Lauranitis(Animal of the Road Warriors) Jesse Ventura and etc.. I know a lot the wrestlers. I think that is cool. I know a lot of these guys from the Gym I used to work at, The Gym in Plymouth, MN. I use to compete in the APF and for the last 5 years I have competed in the ADFPA now USA powerlifting. I'm not into it like I use to be, must be an age thing. If you run into these guys tell them that Rob "Turtle" says hi.

If you remember back in some of my earlier posts I said I have a Hayabusa and stated my e.t. and speed at the dragstrip. I posted recently that I didnt like Suzukis and figured one of the resident slammers would catch that, but I guess not.

Thin-film Optics Engineer. I'm less than a year into it, but am getting pretty good otj knowledge of dielectric films, deposition processes, and background for fiber optics & photonics. I'm not a "real" engineer, I have a BS in Physics/minor in math. Hopefully some of that stuff applies to motorcycles.

Also a former 2-time Olympic Games finalist in Track & Field, and worked in Orthotics & Prosthetics. If you wad, I can give some advice on rehab of your sore spots and/or replacement of missing parts. Please don't do it. MC accident amputees are the most common young, healthy wearers of prosthetics in this country. We haven't had a real war lately.

System Admin WinNT,win98/win95,Vax systems,Mac systems,Cisco routers/switchers/hubs,Cabletron hubs.Internet configuration from local hubs to large systems involving communications link between earth station and satellite systems.Most windows knowledge self taught. Mainframe Vax schooling,Rolm systems used by the government.Job also includes firewall systems and security control and monitoring of illegal entry of hackers.Support help on PC systems hardware configuration and repair.Repair and troubleshooting of mainframe Vax system.You name it I've done it,seen the latest in network gear.Fiber optics,balance modem lines,T-1,thinwirer,thick wirer.Basic training on troubleshooting came from being in the Navy six years working on Radar systems,counter measure systems,communications equipment and test equipment.Only major set back for me is spelling and remembering peoples names.I lost the art remembering peoples names when in the service cause I did not want to get to close to people who I knew would later go off to war in VietNam and might not return.

Used to be a touring golfpro i'm also one of the worlds longest hitters (Swedish national longdriving champ -91). Now i'm a student at the Royal institute of Technology in Stockholm www.kth.se. There i study civil engineering. All the students hate mechanics, i love it !

Sagge

I spent 27 years working for the Air Force as a civilian communications engineer (mostly supervisory). I retired in 1994.

Since then I have operated my own little Misfortune 500 company, Shermworks, Inc. Main product is the best (and least expensive) barbell and dumbbell self spotting equipment on earth. I can do more for your bench and squat than I can for your Hayabusa (unless, of course, you're having sidestand problems).

Mason contractor for 17 years, mason for 27 years, done Scotty Pippen, Dave Wansted(was bears coach) Joe Giarardi, Dave Duerson, Carls Haas(Newman Haas race team) 6 houses around Michael Jordans 1st house, Boyd Meyer (match box cars) and more. If anyone needs excellent masonry let me know maybe me and a couple of the guys'll take a trip.

Emt-b-d and taking the paramedic course for the past 3 months, got 9 to go. Lot of work.

Back