Engine work

speedpimp

Registered
I have an 01 busa and plan on some winter fun. I am pulling the motor, installing big bore (1397) and having my heads port/polished with new cams. Sending head/block out for completion, but i will break down and install. I consider myself knowledgable on motors, but never worked on a busa motor. Anyone doing/done the same thing and is it a hard job. Im just curious before I start. I have the break down book already. Ive done a lot of mods, but nothing this big yet. Any help/advice appreciated. Hoping to get about 220 hp when I am done. I already have the rite map for my PC.
AAAssjani.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
someone was doing the work themselves.

Try the search option.
beerchug.gif

Post up pics.

I just finished mine a week ago but had a suzuki mechanic helping so mine was real easy the hardest thing on mine were the engine mounting bolts cause they take a different type of socket to remove I had to have a friend machine one of them for me an rigged up some tools for the other two(3 different sizes)

But the actual motor stuff was not to bad, like time set and all that crap? I got a friend to machine some tools to get those bolts too.

I have been taking it easy on it for the breakin period that and you dont ride to fast when its 38 degres out like last night but I still managed an hour before I put her away but I have discoverd that first gear is nasty no more power wheelies just roasts the tire off now not that I have been beating on it
super.gif

I have done it a few times, so i just seems to get easier but for the guy doing it for the first time, you need to take your time and double check everthing and get a good torque wrench...and don't just go off the stock factory markings to set the cam...make sure you degree them in....

Back