Easy Busa BRAKE MODs

Ajay, if we ever hook up for a ride. You are welcome to try out the brakes on my bike.

I liked running gsxr1000 radial master on my gen 1. It had better feel and bite.

Hard to tell in this picture.

fc931605.jpg

I think I am going to pick up some older brembo calipers and get the 40mm adapter plates from yoyodyne. I want to get a new master cylinder but I like the look of the stock ones and may not have clearance for anything higher due to my risers... :poke:

I never did like the square look. The round reserviors look more sporty. My next mod will be a master clutch from a zx14

I never did like the square look. The round reserviors look more sporty. My next mod will be a master clutch from a zx14

Do you think it is possible to make them clear the windscreen with 1 inch risers?
I may go that route but I will also get a zx14 clutch master cylinder so they match :laugh:. I'm weird about stuff like that... I look forward to you post on the brake MC. You should try the clutch MC also :whistle:

Do you think it is possible to make them clear the windscreen with 1 inch risers?
I may go that route but I will also get a zx14 clutch master cylinder so they match :laugh:. I'm weird about stuff like that... I look forward to you post on the brake MC. You should try the clutch MC also :whistle:

Here is a shot of the gsxr 1k reservoir on my gen 1

d1043357.jpg

EBC HH pads = Holy Crap difference!

Yeah, the Extreme Pro pads are excellent. I have ss lines on my gen2 also. The 2 combined are a great improvement in lever feel with the lines, and the pads bite so much harder than stock. One finger stoppies are easy, and you have to do alot of them to heat them up enough to cause brake fade.
I've got shorty levers too. Most people wouldn't think of that as a brake upgrade. But if you have a comforatble lever(brand and style is a personal preference), then it makes your hand and brain more comfortable using the brakes.
Rearsets with pegs that grip boots better than stock rubber, better levers/shifters(as well as some people's preference of a different peg position) that move smoother can have the same positive effects.
Ergos really do flow well with gas and brakes:laugh:more comfortable...more in control.

As long as the master cylinder fits the bars, My brake lines will not have to be changed to fit a ZX-14 MC will it?

Your banjo bolts will fit onto the Zx14's masters.

Sweeeettt. Thank you, Sir :beerchug:. I just emailed galfer about it. I also asking if my banjos will fir the 40mm Brembo calipers. Thats the calipers I plan on getting... Braking should be superb with the new mc and calipers.

I hear good things about the ZX14 clutch so I will be going that route as well. I am trying to find some MCs on other forums as well. If I find a good deal I will let you know also because you are looking for a clutch too, right?

Sweeeettt. Thank you, Sir :beerchug:. I just emailed galfer about it. I also asking if my banjos will fir the 40mm Brembo calipers. Thats the calipers I plan on getting... Braking should be superb with the new mc and calipers.

I hear good things about the ZX14 clutch so I will be going that route as well. I am trying to find some MCs on other forums as well. If I find a good deal I will let you know also because you are looking for a clutch too, right?

Thanks, I actually found a local seller through ebay. I should be picking up a clutch master this evening. I will post pics of the install.

Back