Earthquakes: Anyone seeing what I'm seeing (TREND)?

Nobody has mentionied it so I WILL.

YELLOWSTONE!!!!!!

It's not like the typical volcano, it's a caldera. Meaning it's massive with one MASSIVE thin crust. Yellowstone has been increasingly active since early last year. All it would take is one relatively small quake in the right place, and BOHICA.

The ash layer from the previous erruptions (three of em) was measured at about 10 feet,.....in western freaking TN.

Yellowstone, would suck greatly. Even I ain't got enough food to make it through 3 to 5 growing seasons (much less enough air filters).

It ain't always about being in a sub-code dwelling or being caught in a wave.

IMHO.
Chris

Most people in the impact area of Yellowstone will be smothered to death under all the ash it will pump out. The air filters won't help. Fresh oxygen will only be available several feet above the plume.

You forgot 2
The one in Argentina which was a complete separate event and not an aftershock.
And the one in Greece yesterday !

You know living in Fl we were thinking you could get woken up by violent shaking and then suddenly within a matter of moments be under 200 feet of water.

Anything can happen but since I can't see the future and I don't like to worry I'll just...:whistle:

Or the one in Denmark right before Chile that my Daughter called to tell me about, she was so freaked out about her first earthquake.

The crust is contracting from a very quick global cooling trend.

YES! Global COOLING is what science has been predicting for several years now, not the global WARMING political bs the media has been feeding us from our wonderful government. Would you belive this is a conspiracy if I told you the hidden agenda was...now get this, for politicians and world governments to make money and inconspicuously gain more power!:laugh:
And Kento Moto,+1 on your post sir. Just my .02

can you imagne what shape our country will be in when one does hit the madrid fault or one of the faults in calif,, you are talking about crippling a country far worse than katrana could ever do. i just fear its coming soon, espically to the to new madrid area and if so you can say goodby memphis,st.louis and a few other big citys. what a mess it could make.i think we are living on borrowed time, there hitting all around, sooner or later we are going to get it. and lets hope its not yellowstone.

Wonder how many countries will come running with aid for the USA?

Yep stay here, NY weather sucks, but the ground sits still.

The US East Coast has Faults that are no joke. Can't find the dam article but I read that geologist fear the East faults more than the west Fault lines
The slow seismicity of the East

Boston, New York, Washington and Philadelphia lie outside the plateau Jacobi studied. These cities have their own infrequent earthquake risks, however.

A 5.0 temblor in 1737, for example, knocked down chimneys in New York City and was felt from Boston to Philadelphia. A magnitude-5.5 quake in 1884 did similar damage in a wider region around New York.

But it's a major earthquake that geologists like Jacobi fear. And major earthquakes are not confined to the West Coast.

In fact, the most widely felt temblors in North America were a series of four that hit near New Madrid, Missouri from December 16, 1811 through February 7, 1812. They ranged from magnitude 7.6 to 8.2. The largest was felt from the East Coast to the Rocky Mountains and from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico. New Madrid also represents an intracontinental fault system.

"Most other intracontinental faults do seem to be seismically capable of large-magnitude events," said Jacobi. "Because these faults are also intracontinental in nature, they too could be capable of large-magnitude events."

SPACE.com -- Satellites Reveal Earthquake Faults Along Eastern U.S.

Last edited:
If you believe in the theory of plate tectonics then you can probably imagine that sooner or later someone, somewhere will be part of a catastrophic seismic event. The continents are drifting....if you're on this earth at the wrong time then hold on!

tecall1_4.gif

Where we are in the heart of New Mexico is volcano central. There are so many of them they can't effectively study them all. A large percentage of the state is simply covered in basaltic rock. Much of it is visible from Grants to Gallup and many regions south. Indeed, you wouldn't get very far on foot 'cause it would shred your shoes. It's been known to destroy the shoeing on horses and destroy the tires on vehicles. Nasty stuff and it's ALL OVER the place. Albuquerque is surrounded by it.

The Valles Caldera is a huge, beautiful valley which covers thousands of acres but it is simply one huge volcano crater which has filled in over the last few thousand years since it's last eruption. However, it is not dormant by any stretch of the imagination. there is a small hill in the middle of it which grows about an inch every year.

It's only a matter of time.

There is a whole range of volcanoes in this area, stretching into Arizona, Colorado and Utah and all of them are considered "active," in the grand scheme of geology.

Of course, along with volcanic activity is the propensity for earthquake activity. Indeed, many volcanoes are caused by earthquakes and vice-versa.

Bolt up. It's coming!

--Wag--

Is the science of the hotel drawer buy bull is the same lame science with a slide rule is rule of thumb the pages the world will end. Dare ain't no place to hide on dis earth is suckit up when it comes. :rofl:

There will be droves of gypsy carpenters charging half the money now and off they go to another job-site is hit and run gypsy handy dandy hammer men come a knocking for your green ones. Ever see their homes? Mansions, beautiful homes is drive to your chaos and home sweet home they live in bye you country. :laugh:

Yes, i see a lot of what your seeing and i don't like it, what does it all mean???, I just saw the movie 2012 too.

It may get a little hot hear in Arizona, but at least we don't get earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, and floods.
When I still lived in Phoenix, I wrote an Emergency Response Plan for a large insurance company to distribute to private schools they insured. This was a multi-week project that involved a lot of research. It surprised me to learn was that Arizona has quite a bit of earthquake activity. All those mountains didn't come from nothing.

One thing that I learned about is called "liquification." This is when the soil acts like it's boiling in response to an earthquake and nothing on the surface is safe, roads, buildings, nothing. It happens where you have a big bowl of very deep soil that is finely granulated and not much real rock to stabilize it. Some parts of Phoenix are like that, although the earthquake activity right there is low. Yuma is the area of biggest concern. Anyway, I thought it was pretty interesting that the earth can do that.

We had a customer come into our office yesterday that said that the end of the world was coming "he was a true 2012 believer". He also swears that he and the other elite freemasons are the only few that will be saved on the spceship. He said that he has seen it (the spaceship), and he feels sorry for all the others that will parrish. I know it sounds just like the movie and that is probabbly what he "saw", but this guy was nutts, he freaked out all our front counter people, he really believed all the garbage he was saying. I do think something is up with the whole 2012 thing but not like the movie.

Here in AL we have some hurricanes but its the auburn fans that cause us the most problems:moon:
Wish the USGS or NWS could offer us some relief there...

Keith, I think your right but we'll be ok....

Back