Just got rocked by an Earthquake

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
That's the biggest one I've felt, ever for me.  Happened at 11:46am in Long Beach.

It was a quite vibration type quake followed by 10 seconds of my house rocking, rocking, and rocking.  Of course I can't afford earthquake insurance out here, very expensive, so I'm hoping while its happening everything holds together!  Whew, no damage here!

I hope it wasn't a diaster somewhere else.

As I'm typing right now, RIGHT NOW, there goes an aftershock.  It was nothing though.

Anyone catches this on the news, post up a link!  I'm curious how far the epicenter was and how big it was.

I felt nothing
cool.gif

So far it seems like no major damage, but its still really early.

They're saying it a 1 in 20 chance that this might be a fore shock, meaning a bigger quake will hit within a few days
wowold.gif

I hope not!

My cell phone is not working, probably too many calls going on right now.

That was a wavy one. I looked up, saw the glass windows vibrating, then ordered everyone out of the office.

It was like the one in '99, but that lasted 40 seconds or so and felt like you were gently riding ocean swells.

Doesn't seem to be any damage reported on the news. The news anchors are looking for drama but everyone that they find on the street seems pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.

Earthquakes aren't all bad - they make mountains, then we built twisty roads on top of them.

So we win.

Chino Hills fire department is reporting no major damages.

Like Craig said, we win. Not only for the twisty roads. But these smaller ones keep the bigger ones from occuring
beerchug.gif

Damn bro.. That description reminds me of Loma Prieta during the series back in '89..
Glad you are okay!

They've downgraded it again.

Its gone from a 5.8 to a 5.6 and now to a 5.4.

Back