Dyno results vrs. altitude

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I hope it's ok with everyone that I have a dyno question in the general topics section....My 2000 unregulated with 2000 miles on it, carbon full Muzzy, K&N in stock airbox, PC III, dialed in @ 159.53 hp and 97.32 lbs. torque. The run was done at 4800 ft. elevation and the tuner (racing shop) said there would be significantly higher numbers @ sea level. Does anyone happen to know or have a chart that shows the mathematical difference between the two elevations? Although I'm totally jazzed how powerful and fast the bike is now, it would be fun to know the conversion (like some of the magazines qualify their results, "corrected rear wheel HP"). Thanks for any feedback!

(raydog @ Apr. 11 2007,23:37) I hope it's ok with everyone that I have a dyno question in the general topics section....My 2000 unregulated with 2000 miles on it, carbon full Muzzy, K&N in stock airbox, PC III, dialed in @ 159.53 hp and 97.32 lbs. torque. The run was done at 4800 ft. elevation and the tuner (racing shop) said there would be significantly higher numbers @ sea level. Does anyone happen to know or have a chart that shows the mathematical difference between the two elevations? Although I'm totally jazzed how powerful and fast the bike is now, it would be fun to know the conversion (like some of the magazines qualify their results, "corrected rear wheel HP").  Thanks for any feedback!
Look at your sheet, it should already be corrected for you. STD or SAE should be listed on your sheet. This will be "corrected" numbers.

+1 if it says SAE, then the correction factor will have been computed already. if not and it is STD then you have one stout bike my friend!

Back