Dyno question

OK! This post has me up in the air. I have a PC3 and was thinking of getting it put on and dyno'd next week. Now, I am hearing the ECU editor is better. I want the best bang for my buck and I want it right. So the ECU editor can remove the restrictions? I currently have restriction TRE on it. I am inthe Norther Virginia area, so if anybody knows a reputable person to go let me know, and ECU v/s PC3

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I've never developed a tre but planted a few, anyway a TRE doesn't remove the restriction it just fools the bike into thinking it's in a different gear, not sure, but I think the ECU editor removes it.

The editor is the way to go if you can find someone who tunes with it.My tuner uses ecu unleashed and think its pretty much the same.Does IAP get its readinds from the MAP??I didnt see a baro sensor on there.Tell me more.I am a sponge and need to know more.

It's a sensor located on the back of the airbox on the Gen II

Your no disrespect has my nose bleeding, but anyway.....I'm not a mechanic nor have I ever tuned a motor of any sort, well as far as A/F tuning goes anyway. I read a lot of post from guys who do and the guys that are developing the ECU editor software. You stated long ago that you liked the PC's. Not a problem. I think ...... don't know.......that the latest release of the ECU editor has corrected the problem you speak of. My point was that the PCV without an additional piggyback module that they like ( it's very expensive, I've read the PCV and piggyback module run north of $700.00 ) will not control the primaries and the secondaries, and finally most asking questions like this aren't competing but riding around town and aren't looking for that perfect tune.

I made a simple suggestion that I thought would help and regardless of your expert opinion believe to be a good suggestion.

I guess I need to be a little more careful with my post and make sure that no one mistakes me for knowing anything.

Do you have the latest release in the ECU Editing software ?

Please feel free to correct any mistakes in this post.

IMHO, using Ecu Editor to remove all the restrictions AND a PC to tune the bike is the best you can do. POWERHOUSE is an Ecu Unleashed tuning center, we also use Ecu Editor almost every day. We also - in addition - use powercommanders to build custom maps. My opinion is based on the fact that I have been there, done that. I am not basing this opinion on something I HEARD . . .

You can keep throwing that crap my way, but I'd rather you address my post in a constructive manner. :poke:

You can keep throwing that crap my way, but I'd rather you address my post in a constructive manner. :poke:
I have to say it does seem sometimes you throw your opinion around like its fact, but you never have any facts to back it up ??? You keep claiming that yoshi pipes make no power or even take AWAY power? That statement borders on absurd. Do you REALLY think any major pipe company is going to make a pipe that TAKES AWAY power? :rofl: $2200 akro full race TI exhausts only give an R1 5-7 hp if your lucky (do your research and see), same with the other big makers on modern bikes. My yoshi system came with a dyno chart showing a 10hp gain, and after tuning thats what I got. Plus it gave a better spread of power than a "peaky" pipe. Your "amazing" Brocks doesn't make much more, neither does anybody else. The newer bikes don't get as big of gains as the bikes of our youth with a pipe, they come with much better exhausts from the factory.
Frank is right, shut you're pie-hole unless you actually know what you're talking about. Just because you like to jump into every post with some abstract comment to pad your post count doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. I'd take Franks experience over your keyboard jockey talk any day.
You need to drop your cop better than thou attitude, because you're not :disagree:

My yosh did make good power with a good tune.Almost 10hp.I would have stayed with the yosh but I like the brocks sound better and the look of the alien head.I was told the yosh didnt make much either or take away and wont mention any names:laugh:I will say my yosh did give a much better power curve than the busa behind me with a brocks on the dyno.

Im still looking for a shop that does ecu editing and pc3 programming. Seems
Most do power commander programming. Is it possible to send my ecu
Off to get edited then get my bike dyno'd with the pc3
For most gain?

Im still looking for a shop that does ecu editing and pc3 programming. Seems
Most do power commander programming. Is it possible to send my ecu
Off to get edited then get my bike dyno'd with the pc3
For most gain?

POWERHOUSE will be more than happy to flash your ecu using Ecu Editor. We have a one-day turnaround, and would charge you $60 for this service, plus whatever the shipping is back to you . . .

POWERHOUSE will be more than happy to flash your ecu using Ecu Editor. We have a one-day turnaround, and would charge you $60 for this service, plus whatever the shipping is back to you . . .
What would you do for a reflash??Base MAP that works for my application then I get it tuned??

I have to say it does seem sometimes you throw your opinion around like its fact, but you never have any facts to back it up ??? You keep claiming that yoshi pipes make no power or even take AWAY power? That statement borders on absurd. Do you REALLY think any major pipe company is going to make a pipe that TAKES AWAY power? :rofl: $2200 akro full race TI exhausts only give an R1 5-7 hp if your lucky (do your research and see), same with the other big makers on modern bikes. My yoshi system came with a dyno chart showing a 10hp gain, and after tuning thats what I got. Plus it gave a better spread of power than a "peaky" pipe. Your "amazing" Brocks doesn't make much more, neither does anybody else. The newer bikes don't get as big of gains as the bikes of our youth with a pipe, they come with much better exhausts from the factory.
Frank is right, shut you're pie-hole unless you actually know what you're talking about. Just because you like to jump into every post with some abstract comment to pad your post count doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. I'd take Franks experience over your keyboard jockey talk any day.
You need to drop your cop better than thou attitude, because you're not :disagree:

Those facts where taken off the Yosh site. I try not to steer anyone toward a pipe. I simply put the facts and at times dyno sheets up from the manufacturer. I will try harder not to put my opinions out there as fact and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I agree with you, yosh performance does border on absurd, but they look and sound good, and are expensive and it's my bike and my money. Brocks is amazing on the performance side of the coin and a tuner just posted a 15.9 RWHP gain with one. I found that hard to believe bc Brocks states 12 to 15. Pls post your 10 HP dyno sheet bc I've never found info on the yosh websites stating better than 8 on their race pipes, better yet post a yosh link, but I really don't care. It's your bike and anyone on this site can go find that same information on the internet at the manufactures websites.

I got 5 out of a full yosh rs3 with pcV. The curve was better from 5k and up but dipped 2800-3600 (yosh thing). The brocks def make the power they claim or around it. For two yosh systems one on busa and one on zx6 ive only gotten half of what there site says. Id do the brocks for the gain but I don't like the look imo.

I'm no tuner but what I have seen any full can exhaust doesn't net you much HP no matter company. I think its based on more of looks and sound. When you get into the true "race exhaust" you gain nice HP but most are too loud for street use on my opinion

What would you do for a reflash??Base MAP that works for my application then I get it tuned??

When you say "base map" - if you are referring to fuel modifications, no I would not do a "base map". That is best done on a dyno, and any "bench" flash - like a canned Dynojet map, or someone else's custom map for that matter - would not do your bike justice. Fuel tuning is best done on a dyno. What I would do is remove gear limiters, the top speed limiter, modify and unify the ignition map to give you better throttle response from first through fourth, and for turbo applicatons, I would change the rev limit soft cut to a hard cut, modify the STP map, disable the ram air compensation, extend the IAP, etc. Many things that can and should be done depend on the specific application. I would do everything I could to de-restrict you ecu and modify any and all parameters that would complement your overall tune. Anyone looking to have this done by POWERHOUSE can request our "Ecu modification" form by email. Fill it out, send it in with your Ecu, and we will turn it around in one day and get it right back to you . . .:cheerleader:

Those facts where taken off the Yosh site. I try not to steer anyone toward a pipe. I simply put the facts and at times dyno sheets up from the manufacturer. I will try harder not to put my opinions out there as fact and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I agree with you, yosh performance does border on absurd, but they look and sound good, and are expensive and it's my bike and my money. Brocks is amazing on the performance side of the coin and a tuner just posted a 15.9 RWHP gain with one. I found that hard to believe bc Brocks states 12 to 15. Pls post your 10 HP dyno sheet bc I've never found info on the yosh websites stating better than 8 on their race pipes, better yet post a yosh link, but I really don't care. It's your bike and anyone on this site can go find that same information on the internet at the manufactures websites.

DO3: you should know that I respect you and consider you an asset to this board. The exeption that I had with you is that you did not "make a simple suggestion" as you previously said. What you did was say that this guy should drop the PC and have it ecu tuned, which you stated is better. You commenting on what it is like to fly the space shuttle would have about the same relevance. To be fair, there are a lot of people on this board that have made similar comments without knowing first hand what they are talking about. I got tired of hearing that from people who simply have no clue. You just happened along. Don't stop offering your comments and expertise on what you do know, as I said, it is an asset - thanks.

Hey POWERHOUSE,

Could I have my ECU flashed on an 06 Busa..... AFTER..... it has been Dyno tunned with an PCIII ? Or would I need to get it Dyno Tunned again after I got my ECU back ?? THANKS for any help

GOOD THREAD !!

Hey POWERHOUSE,

Could I have my ECU flashed on an 06 Busa..... AFTER..... it has been Dyno tunned with an PCIII ? Or would I need to get it Dyno Tunned again after I got my ECU back ?? THANKS for any help

GOOD THREAD !!

Yes, we can . . . and no, you would not have to get your bike tuned again.

powerhouse- can you take these restrications off an 01 with the 16bit ecu?

Unfortunately, we cannot. We can't even do it through our Ecu Unleashed software . . .

Last edited:
Back