Dyno on stock 14

one the gripes about the kaw is lack of low end grunt, that would prove it...one of the many things the busa shines at.  
idea.gif

I was at a stealership yesterday, they had a zx14 the guy was touting, obviously a Kawi fan. Said it was so smooth to ride, it was the first bike he ever rode that he got off and thought he never wanted to ride anything else. Then proceded to tell me "you know how you have to muscle the busa into turns, even changing lanes, the 14 just glides".

I looked at him, "muscle into changing lanes...no, wtf are you talking about?" You smoking team green crack?

I conceded that newer technology is probably smoother but it cant come close in the looks dept. against King Busa.

While were standing there talking, another guy walks up and another sales rep says how "if you want something to beat the busa...this is it". The guy replies "Supposedly."

ANOTHER GUY walks up and the sales people start touting it's speed, guy laughs and says it might be a tad faster but looks like hell...and walks out.

This is the exact same zx14 they had at the stealership 2+ months ago.

And on my ride home, I was thinking...I bought a great bike, more power than my puny skills can push to it's limit, wonderful handling, fatastic looks, that just coencedently happens to be fastest sport bike on the planet. and should in the future (or present) a bike come along faster it doesn't dimenish what it is, as there will always be someone faster.

However, the guys selling the zx14 as "the busa beater", wonder what their sales pitch will be in a couple months ('07 busa) if busabeater is all they got to hang their hat on.

Anybody see a zx12 anywhere...I thought not.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154880237 -->

thanx for the dyno #s Fate-i figgered as much out of a rollin Foreman Grill! so much for their 200hp motor n all that other b.s. Im glad Kawi was full of it, but I know eventually SOMEBODY is gonna build a faster, more powerful bike all around; although chances are it will be SUZUKI! lol
biggrin.gif

hey, you n smoke can steal this for your avatar if you like 300s so much-here's my (stock) 300C
cool.gif

cabinfotos_031.JPG

Back on topic now. I was looking at that sheet and it shows that thing not making 100HP until almost 6K. Does anyone have a similar dyno sheet for a stock busa. Sounds really low at those rev's. But my memory aint what it used to be.
The KWAK has a limiter at low revs to ease the riding experieince in town...  Alot of owers have complained about this, but it is KWAK design to make the bike more rider friendly...

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154882045 -->

thanx for the dyno #s Fate-i figgered as much out of a rollin Foreman Grill!  so much for their 200hp motor n all that other b.s.  Im glad Kawi was full of it, but I know eventually SOMEBODY is gonna build a faster, more powerful bike all around; although chances are it will be SUZUKI! lol
biggrin.gif

hey, you n smoke can steal this for your avatar if you like 300s so much-here's my (stock) 300C  
cool.gif
love your grill, got the stock one still. Wife thinks billet is waste, but i love them.

Back on Kaw, The guy that said he would not ride anything else, has he ever rode a Busa? I feel the same about a Busa. There is nothing else like it. After my get off at the beginning of June, I have not rode. Since working on my bike (which should be back together this week) I have been ride less. My buddy loaned me his cbr 600. I rode the first time yesterday. I forgot how little power a 600 has. Wow, it is so different. I was kind of nervous riding for the first time after wrecking but after about an hour I was feeling great. Still nervous cornering though. I guess that will go away. There is just nothing like a Busa. I would really like to see if someone has a Dyno sheet of a Busa. It would be nice to compare. I know someone here has to have one.

Back on topic now. I was looking at that sheet and it shows that thing not making 100HP until almost 6K. Does anyone have a similar dyno sheet for a stock busa. Sounds really low at those rev's. But my memory aint what it used to be.
The KWAK has a limiter at low revs to ease the riding experieince in town...  Alot of owers have complained about this, but it is KWAK design to make the bike more rider friendly...
I wonder if they have some type of TRE to fix that. There is a few guys that race them here, but I here there is not to many mods available for them. Is it true that the 14 is actually a modified 12. Someone told me it was.

tounge.gif
somebody is using that one
laugh.gif
I give up!!!!!!!! Please don't yell at me though
sad.gif
, I have been feeling a little abused lately, I think I might get a complex and have to go to theropy over this avatar thing.... I did not pick this one though, it was brought about by "The Moderator" I think, so na na na na na!!!!!!!! I actually kind of like it though. Looks cool.

OH here is a pic of a 30c like mine.. Got cool Vanilla.... Actually it's uhhhhh My WIFES CAR, I got my Busa, she got a 300c...

300c.jpg

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
sad.gif
, I have been feeling a little abused lately, I think I might get a complex and have to go to theropy over this avatar thing.... I did not pick this one though, it was brought about by "The Moderator" I think, so na na na na na!!!!!!!! I actually kind of like it though. Looks cool.

OH here is a pic of a 30c like mine.. Got cool Vanilla.... Actually it's uhhhhh My WIFES CAR, I got my Busa, she got a 300c...
Not yelling at ya bro
tounge.gif
I think Col Mustard is using it at the moment....but it belongs to rubbersidedown
biggrin.gif

Reason I say it "belongs" to RSD is because he used it for so long....we track our posts by scanning through the thread for "our" avatar
wink.gif

It's not that big of a deal, but if somebody asks you to change a avatar, there is usually a good reason. If it belongs to someone already....just ask them if you can use it.

As far as who owns what...it's up to the members that have been around for a while to decide
wink.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
sad.gif

Not yelling at ya bro
tounge.gif
I think Col Mustard is using it at the moment....but it belongs to rubbersidedown
biggrin.gif

Reason I say it "belongs" to RSD is because he used it for so long....we track our posts by scanning through the thread for "our" avatar
wink.gif

It's not that big of a deal, but if somebody asks you to change a avatar, there is usually a good reason. If it belongs to someone already....just ask them if you can use it.

As far as who owns what...it's up to the members that have been around for a while to decide
wink.gif
I think rubbersidedown imported it into my profile. It's pretty cool though.

tounge.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
sad.gif

Not yelling at ya bro
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif
I think rubbersidedown imported it into my profile. It's pretty cool though.
If Andy (RSD) changed it thats
cool.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

Here is link to pete's stock 05 dyno sheet... Nice clean line on hp from 0 to top...

thanx for the dyno #s Fate-i figgered as much out of a rollin Foreman Grill!  so much for their 200hp motor n all that other b.s.  Im glad Kawi was full of it, but I know eventually SOMEBODY is gonna build a faster, more powerful bike all around; although chances are it will be SUZUKI! lol
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I always though that looked like a Mafia Car
tounge.gif
. I guess that's why I really think I want one
wow.gif
, plus it will match my Busa
biggrin.gif

"UHHHHHHHHHH" Youse in da Mafia Mr. BigDiesel
rock.gif
jump9.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I always though that looked like a Mafia Car
tounge.gif
. I guess that's why I really think I want one
wow.gif
, plus it will match my Busa
biggrin.gif

"UHHHHHHHHHH" Youse in da Mafia Mr. BigDiesel
rock.gif
jump9.gif
I love mine, uh I mean my wifes...... I paid for it, but she drives it.... anyway.... It is a great car. pretty fast too. It does ok on gas and has lots of room.

biggrin.gif

Looks like at 10 grand it ran into a friggin wall . Maybe with a T.R.E. it would pull better numbers . Still not bad stock . I did 164 RWHP with a Pipe and a PCIII USB . And that was just a Yosh Pipe before the BMC, Small Box mod on my first Busa.

I need to re-size my avatar
rant.gif

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154912019 -->

Now I read somewhere the 07 Busa is going to be a 6 cyl.... the rumors will never end until they quit being rumors.

And you should change your avatar if someone else is using it. It's just simple courtesy. Nothing more.

mtyson.jpg

It is interesting how the torque drops after 6,000 rpms dramatically, also check out the low hp at lower rpms.... I do not think it is that impressive. Just thought it would be an interesting post.
You really need to learn about motors.  Your comment indicates a complete lack of understanding about power curves and engines.  By the way, the "numbers" you are all looking at are with the secondary butterflies in and are SAE.  The 14 has higher HP and TQ than the Busa all the way up and down the band.  I sold my Busa and bought the 14...still have my R1 and my 10R.  The 14 does everything better than the Busa did...it's commonly known and has been proven to be faster on the strip than the Busa and has way way better brakes..go to dragbike.com and read Brock's diary...I'm sure most of you who know anything about Busa's know who Brock Davidson is...read what he says.  Also, if you're lucky, you might see a new Busa in 2009...
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|stevew
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154921412 -->

Nuff said

IMG_2829.jpg

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif