Dumps or or big bird pipe for turbo

Which exhaust setup for turbo bike

• Dumps

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • HMF big bird

Votes: 25 27.2%

• Total voters
Let me speak with a wise man tomorrow about how tough would it be to use it something else other than my manifold flange and i will let you know...I won't ask more than a few hundo for it

Love the sound and clean look of Dump Pipes but with new noise bylaws would have to go with full exhaust for the stealthy sound.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looking forward to seeing new shorty exhaust Richard
Posted via Mobile Device

Due to Spacer plate and low comp pistons, i used to have a tough time cranking it over...3 or 4 tries were normal with a choke on...Put the dumps on, it starts right up

It's funny I was talking with some friends the other night about this. I have Turbo of running out through a full system and 08 B King running Two Brothers Slip Ons, I have gotten away with some crazy stuff because they never here the Busa Coming. The B King on the other hand announces it self to anyone in about a mile and half radius that "Hey we have someone being a Hooligan" over here. My vote would be keep the pipe.

It's a little late for the pipe, I put all this work into making pieces of pipe into my finished product. NO going back now..

I know its not the greatest welds but I'm no pro.
Not bad for a mig welder.. IMHO

IMAG0154.jpg

Well after this post and much thought here's what I did. It goes against the votes here but after riding two other turbo bikes for a while I kinda wanted the pipe. Here's the finished product.
I'm glad the project is over though, runs good and is alot a fun.

Turbo bike 2.jpg

Turbo bike.jpg

I like them, but if your gonna do it, go all out. Full pipe, air cleaner the fits under the plastics, no gauges... Ect.

To be honest, most people are too stupid, or are oblivious to even realize that there's
A: no exhaust on the bike
B: think the dump pipes are a new after market exhaust that just came out
C: have no idea what a turbo is

And the list goes on. Point being, alot of people don't even notice the pipes, and if they do, they cover they're ears when they're around thinking it's gonna be screaming loud when it's plesantly quiet.

Agreed. I have the sleeper setup on mine now. Intake hidden behind the plastics and the GP style exhaust.

I have been riding a while now with no plastics and STILL people have no idea its turboed. They don't see the big honking 50 trim and the A/A intercooler up front or they just don't plain know what they are looking at. Usually someone fills them in who is standing around them after a while. But I do get a ton of crazy looks when riding around because the turbo can be heard loud and clear through the GP exhaust.

O! going to dumps eventually to go with the low profile oil pan. Mostly track reasons. As for the GP getting to hot we wrapped it in exhaust wrap. Worked like a charm! 0 Heat!

Ok so ive been wondering this for awhile now and gotta ask.

How loud are dump pipes? In comparison to say an alien head exhaust for a reference point?

Back