Dropped busa within first hr of gettin her :(

Just always be prepared to dive under bike to keep from hitting the ground! Glad it didnt get hurt. :thumbsup: :worthless:

:welcome:

You got the first one out of the way.

He's what I do. With the bike running and in 1st, I put the kickstand down to kill the engine. I never use the kill switch unless I have the bike on pit stands. I left the clutch out and roll the bike forward until the engine binds. Then I lean the bike onto the kickstand and dismount.

I have been using that method with 100% success for over 20 years now.

Cheers.

P.S. We REALLY LIKE pictures here.

+ 1 - Kickstand kill in gear. Double check no slack in transmission. Purposely confirm kickstand in the complete down and forward position. Turn handle bars full left...

Sorry to hear! Bummer... I think if you ride long enough your go'in have a drop or two.

congarts on the new toy...btw invest in a baxley chock and leave it in the garage. You'll never have to use ur kickstand again in there

Motorcycles are not to be dismounted like a bicycle. This your first bike?
Posted via Mobile Device

No not my first bike had R1s and R6s and was able to dismount like this , but didn't count on the weight of the busa :0 , will post pics next weekend on hol now for week , and thanks for some good tips peeps much appreciated :D

:welcome:

He's what I do. With the bike running and in 1st, I put the kickstand down to kill the engine. I never use the kill switch unless I have the bike on pit stands. I left the clutch out and roll the bike forward until the engine binds. Then I lean the bike onto the kickstand and dismount.

I do this exact same thing with one little difference... I bill my bike with the kickstand, I roll the bike all the way forward then back just a hair. That takes the tension off of your chain.

As the title says , I was parking it up and got off the bike before putting the kickstand down , but as I was getting off the bike tilted as I was getting off , couldn't stop her from falling to bloody heavy :0 , lesson learned put the kickstand down before you dismount , lucily bike wasn't damaged , dam I thought I was in a nightmare , love the bike btw :D

I did the exact same thing on my 4th day... was tough to muscle it back up off balance!

:rulez:

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

Humiliation...it knows us all. I've dropped my bike 3 times so it might be a record..First time in the driveway, kickstand down, bike in 1st gear, very slight downward slope..got off and bike rolled a little forward and over she went. Had to call my buddy to help get her off of the cement...that is humiliating. So, like he said above...always roll the bike forward after engine killed and stand down. Second drop involved oil at a gas station foot slid...I was cold and didn't pay close enough attention...over she went...Third time was just recently..pulled up to a T intersection and was watching the traffic from the left..as I came to a stop I put my right foot down and hadn't noticed that the pavement was about 4 inches lower on the right side...as the bike slowly listed to starboard I was unable to hold it and over she went...as I rolled down the little hill into the briar bushes I said to myself this is just so embarrassing to roll down a hill into the blackberry :whistle:Thank God some young dude saw it all happen and helped me get it all together again....So, I don't think I am the only one to have dropped the bike more than once..between golf, markets, my wife, and the many times dropped bike...I am a very very humble man:laugh:2hip

Last edited:
Back