Draggin jeans

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking at these draggin jeans for casual riding. Does anyone use them? Are they worth the money?

Yep good stuff! I use them regularly and have crashed with an old pair. Quite literally saved my butt! Denim blew out but the kevlar held. and you should really get the armor for the knees too. If I didnt have that my right knee woulda been screwed. I suggest the loose fit ones as the regular size runs a lil small.

I got a pair of the relaxed fit. I have not tested the yet but I think thats a good thing. I look at like this they gota be better than just regular jeans and sometimes you cant wear the leather. They are kinda pricey though.

I have a pair with the knee armor...glad I haven't had to test them... but I'm confident they'll work well. I'm thinking of buying a second pair....the cargo ones..

Levi's saved my butt on an 85mph low side and now I have some Icon jeans now that I trust will do their job.

One thing about spilling, believe it or not...there is a right way and wrong way. Experienced fallers can limit their damage to a degree.

One thing about spilling, believe it or not...there is a right way and wrong way. Experienced fallers can limit their damage to a degree.

sir- crash- alot:laugh:

Rolling, not rolling, turning your head, kicking yourself out, basically it entails commiting to the fall and making the best of it. Every time ive gone down ive had a split second to do something.

Snowboards , BMXers, freesylers all know how to fall.

The wrong way to fall is fighting it from start to finish...bones end up broken, gear gets shredded etc.

Of course if you hit a telephone pole doing 180mph there aint much you can do.

I have them, thankfully never needed to test them. I had the regular fit ones, for a while, they are a bit tight for my taste down around the boots, so I sold them and got the relaxed fit and like them alot.
look on Ebay you might find them cheaper than threw the company.
Or if you can get to there outlet, they have some slightly irregular one discounted nicely.

Going to get my wife a pair. She won't wear leather on her cruiser, but I think she would wear those.

New Enough has the CE knee armour that fits well. Link
And these seem to be gaining in popularity as well: Linky 2 although I've seen them somewhere else for a little less.

i've seen these on ebay for a long time.. anyone know anything about them..

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMB-DURATEX-MOTORCYCLE-RIDING-JEANS-WITH-ARMOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6750QQitemZ80406
23981QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....1QQrdZ1</a>

if you dont like protective jeans.. you can go with a thin over the pants/jeans gear.. still going to be around 100 bucks..

http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_ht_overpants_page.htm

good luck.. try to get the knee additional protection

used (but clean) on ebay

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Draggin-Jeans-Kevlar-Lined-Jeans-Motorcycle-36-32_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34354QQitemZ8
041893474QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....4QQrdZ1</a>

Thanks for all the tips. I think I'm gonna pick up a pair. I really wish I could try them on first (can't find a dealer that sells them), I'm often hard to fit. I usually take a 32 x 36 or 34 x 36 in my regular jeans. Sounds like I should try them a little bigger, maybe 36 x 36. I was looking at the utility ones. The 36 inseam is always a challenge! Sometimes being 6'5" is a pain in the a$$!!!!!

I'm not sure there is a "Casual" riding unless you don't leave the city limits and don't exceed 35 mph.

Personally, I don't ride without leather and knee protection. I usually wear a pairl of dirtbike shorts underneath with hip and tail bone padding.

I find most guys don't get into good gear until after the crash? Draggin Jeans is definately better than nothing but certainly no substitute for leather. Carharts are just as good. I have seen a number of guys riding in Carharts.

how does one launder draggin jeans?

but for the cat who wondered where to find them i see ads for them in the back of moto mags all the time

how does one launder draggin jeans?

but for the cat who wondered where to find them i see ads for them in the back of moto mags all the time
I've been wearing jeans allmost my entire riding career, I know they are pretty useless but I've seen a couple first hand accidents, one at abotu 55 the other at about 70 where the jeans held up enough to keep damage light. BUT, I have also been with a buddy when he went down wearing some Draggin jeans and they worked like a champ. Just like mentioned about, the denim shredded pretty well but the aramid did it's job.
thumbs-up.gif

Also, get the baggies and wear these or something similar, great crash protection in most cases and nearly invisible. I do NOT recommend the Icon field armor version as they are sized for junior high Girls and hell I have thin calves...

raptor_200w.jpg

Consider them a gift from our dirt biking brothers..

Many are pretty darned comfortable as well and under some baggies they are hard to see, will provide great leg and shin protection especially if wearing proper riding boots.

In theory, you could combine some Knee guards with the Aramid bike shorts and you could be relatively skid proof, though you'd still be lacking hip armor. Bonus would be you wouldn't have to look like a power ranger, you can wear anysort of jeans you like over it, and you'd have near the protection.

As for controlling your fall? I'd say simply learnign how to fall will first be a big improvement. Take some basic Judo, or Akido and really learn how to hit ground.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141058447 -->

Back