Don't Break Into The House Of An Armed Man

statesman.com | Two teens dead, one injured in San Marcos shooting | The Blotter

Two teens dead, one injured in San Marcos shooting
By Joshunda Sanders, Patrick George and Isadora Vail | Friday, September 4, 2009, 01:26 PM

SAN MARCOS — Two 16-year-olds were killed, another was seriously wounded and a fourth teen is in police custody following an attempted home invasion early this morning, San Marcos police said Friday.

Police said a resident of the home shot the teens about 2 a.m. in the 900 block of Chestnut Street, near the Texas State University campus. The two dead teens are from Luling, police said.

Police Chief Howard Williams said the three residents of the home were awakened by a commotion shortly before 2 a.m. He said one resident opened a bedroom door to find a suspect pointing a weapon at him from the living room. Williams said the resident, who was armed with a pistol, shot three of the suspects, and that a fourth escaped uninjured.

None of the residents of the home — one a Texas State University student — were injured, he said.

Williams said three of the suspects are 16 years old and a fourth is 17. Their names have not been released.

One 16-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, and another died at Central Texas Medical Center, police said. A third 16-year-old was taken to University Medical Center Brackenridge in Austin with serious injuries, and police are waiting to interview him, Williams said.

The fourth teen fled the scene but returned later and was arrested in connection with the home invasion with charges pending, police said.

At least two of the four teens involved in the early morning San Marcos shooting were students at the Luling Independent School District, officials said.

Luling school district superintendent David Davis said one of the teens who was fatally shot, as well as the one who was seriously injured, were students in his district. Davis said he had no immediate information about the other teen who was fatally shot or the teen who was arrested.

Davis said because the students were minors, he would not disclose their names or where they attended school. He did say grief counselors were present at the school they attended.

“We’re helping our kids that are struggling with this,” Davis said.

All three residents of the home were interviewed by police, Williams said. He said it was too early to say whether or not the resident who shot the suspects will be charged. Four guns were taken from the home, he said, but he did not know who owned the guns.

As news crews arrived at the small, two-story gray house in the 900 block of Chestnut Street, residents inside boarded up windows and draped a curtain over the front entrance, which was missing a door.

Samuel Bagot, a former university student who used to live on Chestnut Street, said the area is heavily populated with students but is peaceful aside from the occasional partying.

“It’s peaceful type stuff around here,” Bagot said. “I hear every once and a while that a house gets broken into, but it’s usually for stupid stuff, like a TV.”

---------------------

it's that hippy austin kickin in again.........

only guns that shoulda been taken are the criminals guns and maybe the 1 used to shoot the kids........

Two teens dead, one wounded ... sounds like the homeowner ran out of ammo! :rofl:

I don't care who you are, if you come up in my house uninvited at that hour of the day/night you're gonna get a severe case of lead poisoning! :laugh: I'll spray 'em and you can pray for 'em.

Sorry their dead. But glad the residents made it out ok an that s really all that matters gun control sometimes works out very well :thumbsup:

The only injustice was the mess they left behind on their way to their graves. The parents of those kids should have to clean it up or at least pay for it to be done. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. No pity. None.

+1 for the home owner, us honest people work to work to hard to have our things stolen and possiblby our families hurt or killed. I was pleased to hear. the house I just bought already has a reputation among thieves in Waller, Tx, a few years ago one guy was cut in half by OO Buck shot, he was warned and did not leave, so the prevouis owner opened up on him. There has been no more burgleries in my nieghborhood since. Also a plus is the fact 3/4 of the home owners there are CHL holders.

the only down fall is that this will be used to show how "bad" guns are because they were kids. The whole thing will be twisted as if the homeowner was to blame just watch.

the only down fall is that this will be used to show how "bad" guns are because they were kids. The whole thing will be twisted as if the homeowner was to blame just watch.

I will be watching cause if it is something needs to done like maybe putting into light how many times the home invasions go the other way ..... criminal killed or raped the homeowners..:umpf:

San Marcos Record, San Marcos, TX - Two teens dead, one wounded in home invasion shooting

Two teens dead, one wounded in home invasion shooting

San Marcos — Two Luling teenagers are dead and a third seriously wounded after they were shot by a resident in an attempted home invasion early Friday in

San Marcos.

The shootings happened shortly before 2 a.m. on Chestnut Street on the west side of San Marcos.

One 16-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene and a second 16-year old died at Central Texas Medical Center. A third teen, also 16, was

transported to Brackenridge Hospital in Austin with serious wounds.

Police are withholding the identities of the teenagers as the investigation continues. A fourth teen, who was uninjured, has been arrested in connection with the home invasion with charges pending.

According to Chief of Police Howard Williams, police responded to a call of a home invasion with shots fired at 1:52 a.m. Friday. When police

arrived, they found several people shot by a resident of the home.

Three residents were in the home at the time of the incident and were not injured. Police did not release the names of the residents. The

investigation is continuing.
SWEEEEET!! I love hearing about scum being taken down for the count.....thats 2, hopefully 3 less scumbags to pursue a lifetime of taking advantage of/hurting/killing people. Death can be good :thumbsup:

I don't care WHO YOU ARE ! I Mean that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Enter MY Home UNINVITED you Get What You Deserve :firing:

God is the Ultimate Judge !!!!!!!!! If I am Forced in a Situation where I Get to Arrange the Meeting then SO BE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Feel Bad for the Parents :please:

Very sad. Sad that the homeowner didnt get the other 2 little bastids.

Someone should give that man a medal. "home invasion" implies a LOT more than simple burglary, folks. At least 2 (and maybe 3) kids got what they deserved. Hell if someone broke into my home, id do the same thing - I have a wife to protect. And if I could, id sue the family of the deceased for my carpet cleaning, holes in the wall, and cost of the bullets I had to use. Oh, and a pro-rated amount for the gun cleaning kit that I needed to use after shooting them.

If your going to sue, do it to the parents of the juveniles for the undue duress and psychological treatment that the home owner will have to endure, knowing that he will have to relive the terrifying moment of the home invasion for the rest of his life.

Very sad. Sad that the homeowner didnt get the other 2 little bastids.
And if I could, id sue the family of the deceased for my carpet cleaning, holes in the wall, and cost of the bullets I had to use. Oh, and a pro-rated amount for the gun cleaning kit that I needed to use after shooting them.

....:laugh:

RSD.

These kids have a "born dead" attitude, meaning it matters not how they carry on as there is no future in their future. Nice disposition, isn't it????

Two teens dead, one wounded ... sounds like the homeowner ran out of ammo! :rofl:

I don't care who you are, if you come up in my house uninvited at that hour of the day/night you're gonna get a severe case of lead poisoning! :laugh: I'll spray 'em and you can pray for 'em.

or just not a very good shot :whistle:

you know I wonder how many people children included were saved because of what the homeowner did. Bet nobody looked at it from that perspective.

Trust me, HE, that's one of my perspectives.

There is a show on the History Channel right now about the Top 6 and other Haitian gangs in Florida. Any time I see one of these shows, it just makes me wonder, "Where the hell have the parents been?"

It's a real tragedy.

--Wag--

Back