Does this sound fishy to you ?

ResidentEvil

Registered
Im selling my Wife's wedding dress on Craigslist and a woman said she wants to buy it, but look what she wrote me back ...

Hello Zae,
Thanks for your response and the pictures too. Its quite a lovely dress and i would love to buy it, has the dress is beautiful and gorgeous.
Also i want you to know this is my first time of buying off craigslist.com
I really want to come see it and try it on but i cannot as i am out of town due to work and preparation for my wedding. I think i have seen enough pictures so far, so i would love to buy it off from you as i will be relying on your judgment.
My method of payment would be through a Certified Check since am not around and can not remit cash from here as this is coming impromptu. Please let me know the final asking price so i can make arrangements
as i will handle the shipment myself and i will be sending my mover down to pick up the dress at your place.
Kindly provide me with your full name and mailing address to which the Certified check would be sent so we can complete this up real quick as the wedding is just around the corner.
** I also want to inform you that there will be an excess amount of funds which you will forward to my mover (for shipment purposes)**.
I await your response.
Thank You,
Ashley.

What woman in the world would buy her wedding day dress sight unseen? It doesn't happen. I know sure as hell my wife wouldn't.

Last edited:
When the check clears, she is happy to have anyone in the world pick it up.

Exactly, blah blah blah, "I'm so busy with the wedding plans that I completely forgot to pick out a dress" WTF, Really isn't that what every BrideZilla does first?????:whistle:
I know mine did X3 :laugh:
Don't judge me cause I'm a 3x sucker!!!! I'm just that much wiser!!! and poorer....

once sweet ashley has your mailing addy?...she'll prolly want you to meet her "mover" with the dress and...uhem...spare funds...meanwhile?..back at the farm?...there's another kind of "MOVER" that works for ashley..and they'll be long gone by the time you hear the words...

SON OF A BIOTCH!

echo through your now empty pad.

it's an evil world out there. :whistle:

Last edited:
Tell her to send the funds to the person picking the dress up and have them bring cash only for the exchange.

I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago. I was selling something for 2500.00 and was contacted but a letter something like yours. Mine went as far as the guy sending me a check for 4600.00 and then wanting me to give the balance to the driver that came to pick it up. After I told him I would not do that he threatened to come and get me. I told him to come on but to be sure to bring someone to carry his ass away because once he pulled in my yard it was on. I then turned it into the feds and that is all I ever heard from it. My check was mailed from Cal according to the tracking. O well some people think that other people are so dumb :laugh: Its s scam so I would leave it alone.

maybe you can trust them-
and maybe i would let some guy at the gas station drive my beast!
you got to know better...???

lmao why do people do stupid garbage like this.... Everyone wants to scam others to get free money
WORK FOR A LIVING
Its what everyone else does. Lazy bastards.

Tell her to send the check to a PO Box ?
Then cash the check and tell Ashley to go F herself.
Why not scam the scammer ?

Back