Does anyone else ride down a dirt road

1313R

Registered
I live down a dirt road, and it gets pretty sandy at times. My front wheel is starting to squeak a little. Bearings I wonder? Any tips or tricks for maintenance for keeping the sand from hurting anything?

Pave your road!
biggrin.gif

I have to ride bout 400 feet or dirt to get from the road to my shop/garage where i keep my bikes, I just ride really slow on the dirt so it doesnt kick up and wash often.

Just watch Biker Boyz a few times, you will pick up the dirt road antics quickly...

YES IT IS A BUSA.... IN BIKER BOYZ.. AND FOR THE DIRT ROAD QUESTION .. I USED TO DO THE SAME ...JUST RIDE SLOW AND WASH IT A LOT. GREASE IT ALL OVER.

yeah I used to live 3/4th of a mile on a gravel road...would take me 15-20min to get down that stretch...idling in first the whole way there.
cool.gif

Yeah it's about half a mile. Not to bad until it gets sandy, Then it's idle or die. Takes about 7 mins. The front tire doesn't want to turn and the back only wants to spin. It can really suck. However I'm no Smoke.:D

Yeah it's about half a mile. Not to bad until it gets sandy, Then it's idle or die. Takes about 7 mins. The front tire doesn't want to turn and the back only wants to spin. It can really suck. However I'm no Smoke.:D
I live in Apache Junction, Arizona. There are dirt roads all over here. Went up to Chevelon Canyon & spent over 20 miles on dirt. I just pretent I'm on the CR500, Twist & go!

I live about 200 yds off the main paved road on dirt, plus have a 200 ft gravel driveway - just have to go slow - of course NO riding on any rainy day.

Pit Bull

i wish all the kids who r going to watch Torque read this thread before they think they can ride a sportbike at 85mph on a dirt road and pull a backflip and endos
smile.gif

I go two tenths of a mile on dirt leaving home and returning. I just go REALLY slow and wash often (believe it or not. Hehehehehe... ).

Back