Anyone own a "Husaberg"

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Our local Suzuki Dealer carries Husaberg bikes. From the feedback I've been gettin they are the hot johnny off road bikes. They have a motard model that just looks to me like it would be a ton of fun. Guys who own the dirt bike models swear by them. Does any of you busa guys own one of these monsters? I'd like some feedback from anyone who does?

They are quite spendy. The 650 motard is almost as spendy as a busa, about $10K. It just looks like a ton of fun. The dealer tells me they max out at around 110 mph. I'd say that's pretty dang fast for a dirt bike with smooth tires. I think they put out close to 60 HP? Single cylinder, water cooled.

Hope this photo works. I downloaded it off their website.

Fs650e_web_1_.jpg

I have a friend that rides just dirt . And we were at the shop the other day and that looks like thee bike he was drooling over . The only reason I remember is that it had bald tires .

I had a 94 FC501. In a word "breathless". Husaberg was making lightweight 4 stroke dirtbikes before the Japanese ever caught on.

IT was extremly strong and decently reliable. I did get it used and it lived a very hard life. The only complanint I had, were the price of parts. I needed a clutch and the plates were over $20 each.

The only reason I still do not have that bike, is a am an idiot on a dirt bike. Wait, my insurance is payed up....need to get my deductiable out of the way for 06...I think I will see what we have at the shop.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Husaberg has the bloodline of Husqvarna. I owned three including a 1988 510TE and the previous post is correct: High rev + high torque 4 strokes that the Japanese are just now producing. My Huskys came stock with Ohlins suspension, brembo brakes, magnesium cast engines and on and on.

Bulletproof. Powerful. Pricey. Would buy another one without hesitation.....if that's the kind of riding I was looking to do.

We call them here Motards....see them all the time in the mountian roads...espically Deals Gap and the Dragon zone..lol

they look cool but cant imagine getting use to the kick starter on the wrong side of the bike [/QUOTE]

The Husky's had a bar mounted compression release. So smooth you could spin the motor by hand. But stall a hot 4 -stroke.....in the mud....with 50 guys coming up behind you...oh boy.

I bought an Fe450 in late 2003 and that thing is quite the challenge, even with good rubber. Off-road is the element they (and their kind, Yamaha Wr450) are designed for, so at least consider what you really want it for. I say this as a caution, on the road they don't stop well, and are pretty diffcult to regulate. On the plus side, they feel fast, as opposed to the busa, as you know, feels fast only when going real fast. The 'berg is a different kind of fun, arriving alive is always a bonus.

Back