Does 2008 Feel 'bigger'?

Does 2008 Feel 'bigger'? - Compare Gen I to Gen II

• Gen I is bigger and heftier

Votes: 92 100.0%

• Total voters
If I was going to buy a new bike this year it would be this one...
' you crazy? Have you ridden one of those in anger?
wowold.gif
Hold on to your pantyhoes!
laugh.gif

As for the 'motard......get a KTM
cool.gif

I read in Road Bike that the subframe was changed from round to square tubing. Possibly a subtle difference in weight, size , a bit stronger subframe?

THE BIKE IS HEAVIER BUT IT FEELS LIGHTER TO ME. I DON'T HAVE TO FORCE IT DOWN IN THE TURNS AS HARD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I FOUND MYSELF OVER STEERING THE GEN 2 UNTIL I GOT USED TO IT.

I sat on gen2 and it felt bigger. The seat seems higher and I have to stretch out more to grab the handlebars.
The seat and tank area felt different, I don't know, my 05 is just fine but the 08 seems higher and longer...and I'm 5 foot 5.
If I buy a 08, I'll wash it with hot water and put it in the dryer to schrink it a bit.
laugh.gif

I sat on gen2 and it felt bigger. The seat seems higher and I have to stretch out more to grab the handlebars.
The seat and tank area felt different, I don't know, my 05 is just fine but the 08 seems higher and longer...and I'm 5 foot 5.
If I buy a 08, I'll wash it with hot water and put it in the dryer to schrink it a bit.
laugh.gif
I'm 5'9" and a share your feelings. I think Suzuki designed the 08 for the big and tall guys
winkold.gif

I still cannot warm up to the new bike's appearance. I like the new GSXRs, the ZX10R, and the R6s for 08. Bt it doesn't matter much because I don't think I will be buying a new one until 2010...unless I decide to trade my Ninja 250 for one of these...

DRZ400SMK8.jpg

Well, I went in my garage this morning, sat on my 05, my heels are a quarter of an inch from the ground.

Then I went back to the dealer again, sat on the 08 and guess what....guys, it's higher. My heels are at least three quarter of an inch from the ground.
wowold.gif

And I know what it is....it's the seat. It's thicker. Half an inch.
That's why I tought the bars were lower but they're not.
I think that everything else is the same.
Now, if they could just lower the price a bit....14,000$ they're asking.
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

I guess I am use to the 02 1k being jacked up in the rear, and then going to the busa which is much lower. Other then that, I seem to fit the same on both bikes give or take a 1/4" here and there!
cool.gif

sat on the '08 and its definitely 'built' for smaller folk this time around-new seat angle, dif. rear subframe make for totally new seating position combined w/new tiny tank, would be easier to tuck in w/a Dbl-bubble screen at speed...as for weight??? any new '08 stripped of the stock cans n setup with a nice single-side pipe will be alot lighter than Gen.1s w/oem cans for sure...

one thing I still cant get over is the new brakes-radial calipers are nice but to sacrifice 2 pads per caliper seems dumb to me-the weight savings would not equal the loss of braking friction from less surface area, IMO?? but i aint a Brake guru so dont
guns.gif
me if Im way off here...

feels the same
first thing i noticed was the weight difference when trying to back out with the K8 after i had left my Gen1 at the dealership

feels the same
first thing i noticed was the weight difference when trying to back out with the K8 after i had left my Gen1 at the dealership

feels the same

I dont care what these sport bike mags say... for the last 2 weekends I've ridden the 08 busa...and let me tell you. it is Heavier than my 06, even without the exhaust

Back