Do you ever get tired and agitated.....

tracks

Banned
of others standing around your hayabusa asking you how many CC's, how fast have you gone, this and that, i get sick of people standing around my bike asking questions. Some want to sit on my bike and i feel kinda cheap when i tell them they can't.

I have an 08 busa with a full aftermarket exhaust that I just had dyno-tuned recently at 198 BHP @ 110 torque and some guy told me tonight the fastest my hayabusa would go is 180 mph.
I just get tired of people standing around my bike, looking at it and asking questions, gets tiresome, especially when they have no idea what there talking about.

When they ask if it's a 600 or a 750 I just tell them it's a 600 and ask if they wanna race.:laugh: j/k I would never race on city streets. :whistle: Of course I did have one girl tell me that I had a nice looking Ninja (mind you the 13 aftermarket Hayabusa decals I have plastered on the bike) and now that i've had the Busa for over a year now i'm still trying to get used to all the guys staring at me when i'm out and about. :rofl::rofl:

Get used to it. it is basically never ending.

When they ask if they can sit on your bike ask them if you can sleep with their gf/wife.

I hate to admit it but I do too. One of the reasons I bought a Busa was for the swag that comes with having one of the fastest production bikes. Turns out that is quite the double edge sword. I'm like a new dad with mine. Soooo overprotective and defensive. It does get old hearing the same old stuff all the time about what the exhaust added, where the lil scratches came from, speed, hp etc. I guess it's just part of riding like a boss.

Most of the attention my bikes have gotten was just from people who liked the bike and maybe asked how fast I've had it. I like talking to people who are curious about it or are just impressed and want to check it out.

What bothers me is the occasional guy who knows everything there is to know about my bike, but 99% of it is dead wrong. I recently met a guy who claimed to have an 09 Busa with a $150 computer chip that would let it do 220MPH. I try not to laugh at those guys, but they make it difficult.

I am never too far away from my hayabusa and u never know what happens when you don't keep an eye on it.

I wonder how many people have sat on my busa without my permission.:banghead:

Go ride in the hills. I never have that problem. I don't think anyone has even asked me about my bike.
I gotta agree, I spend most of my time riding my busa, not parked at bike nights......not that thats a bad thing, but if you're always parked standing around you're bike, then isn't it expected to be asked about it? I mean do you want the attention or not? :laugh:
And on a side note I get asked about any of my bikes I'm riding if I stop to get a bite to eat, stretch my legs ect. Its not just a busa thing.......some folks just think bikes in general are cool :beerchug:

Sorry but I like it I never get tires of looking at it or talking about. It gets alot of attention from people that don't know bike just because it ain't small and pointy she got the curves.

One of the places I frequent is a cruiser bar. Alot of the usual HD's and V-stars and well you get the picture. But when I pull in on my Busa it seems to get a different kind of respect. Alot of people go look at it and look at me and say you are nuts dude. Some ask questions because it is stripped of all the decals except for the GSX1300R decals on the rear and ask if it is a Busa. But Busa's do get alot of respect from other bikers no matter what they ride

I get compliments here and here and make me feel real good. as far as the stupid questions I just tend to play it off like its a 750 or something. :laugh:

I've only had mine a few days and I had a guy ask me if it was the 1100 or 1300 Hayabusa? Told him there is no such bike as a 1100....He proceeded to argue that there was an 1100 Turbo version..........???

You think its bad pulling up on a Busa. Try it on a Blacked out Buell Lightning......thats when the real weirdos come out

I never get tired of it and dont mind the small talk. I did get a chuckle out of guy in Ouray that said he had a busa in the early 80's.

Phazenut said:
Don't get me wrong I love talking about my bikes. Its the weird know-it-alls that get me going.

Those are the ones I laugh at. Was at the bar one night and had this guy telling me he had a busa up to 215 and a 1969 charger that brought up the front wheels so hard that he bent the back bumper.

Never had this problem. If/when I am on my bike....it is moving. And when I pull in to stop/park, I do not hang around my bike.

Only exception I can think of is at gas stations and I willingly/gladly/patiently answer any and all questions people ask.

I normally don't like attention, but I don't mind on the Busa. I kind of like it. I get as much attention from the girls as I do the guys. I don't mind that at all. Back in the early 80's, I rode a Honda CB900F which was, at the time, also one of the fastest production bikes on the road. I got the attention of one particular girl. Now, 30 years later, we're still married. Nuff said.

My answers vary depending on who's asking em. If they know bikes, ill chat a bit about the busa and its specs, if it another moron who's gettin a bike real soon, ill have some fun.
As of last year my busa had a 1550cc motor with an advanced V-tech setup that Honda developed with Suzuki, people who know nothing love the Vtechs. :laugh:
I then recommended a Ducati as a good starter bike, low power, slow handleing and lack of maintenance are all selling.points on those bikes.
I like to help the dumb get dumber, and its not like they have the money for a bike anyway, they just spent all of it at the bar and on crack.

Back