Disrespect

(gnd111 @ Oct. 03 2006,11:48)
(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,02:48) This morning I was on my way to work.  I was cruising about 80-85mph.  (I-95 HOV Woodbridge to DC)  Just north of Springfield two guys on GXRS-750s passed me.  They must of been doing 95mph.  I didn't even see them coming  because I was "crusing".  This obvious act of disrespect towards the KING (my busa) pissed me off to no end....  I down-shifted and blew by them at warp speed...  I waited for them at the Pentagon exit.  They asked me why I cleared out.  I told them I thought they was trying to be smart.  They said they actually wanted to ride with me...  Now I feel terrible.  I must be going crazy....  It seemed like a total dis at the time.  Now that I think about it, I must be nuts.  Am I tripping out or what?  Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else???
Why should anyone respect the Busa any more than a Honda Rebel?

A cycle is a cycle and a rider is a rider and you don't have the fastest of the first nor are you the best of the last.

Sounds like you got the "I got a Busa so i have the fastest bike EVAR" syndrome...
That's funny.

People blow by me all the time. I just let 'em go. I know what the mighty Busa can do and really, if you get down to it, so do they!

Let 'em have their moment. I have nothing to prove.

--Wag--

(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,02:59)
(gnd111 @ Oct. 03 2006,08:48)
(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,02:48) This morning I was on my way to work.  I was cruising about 80-85mph.  (I-95 HOV Woodbridge to DC)  Just north of Springfield two guys on GXRS-750s passed me.  They must of been doing 95mph.  I didn't even see them coming  because I was "crusing".  This obvious act of disrespect towards the KING (my busa) pissed me off to no end....  I down-shifted and blew by them at warp speed...  I waited for them at the Pentagon exit.  They asked me why I cleared out.  I told them I thought they was trying to be smart.  They said they actually wanted to ride with me...  Now I feel terrible.  I must be going crazy....  It seemed like a total dis at the time.  Now that I think about it, I must be nuts.  Am I tripping out or what?  Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else???

A cycle is a cycle and a rider is a rider and you don't have the fastest of the first nor are you the best of the last.

Sounds like you got the "I got a Busa so i have the fastest bike EVAR" syndrome...
Naw, no "syndromes" Just a little nuts a times
biggrin.gif
 Dude, this is only conversation among the busa brothering (very light conversation...)  There is nothing serious happening.  I understand "the rider is a rider, cycle is a cycle thing
rock.gif
....)

and Oh yea, I do ride the fastest bike...  Stop on by, and I'll show ya
biggrin.gif
  Yea Baby!!!!!
Just like that time on the 234 bypass going to Manassas?
laugh.gif

I wish i coulda seen you and the civic guy look at each other.

biggrin.gif

(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,02:48) This morning I was on my way to work. I was cruising about 80-85mph. (I-95 HOV Woodbridge to DC) Just north of Springfield two guys on GXRS-750s passed me. They must of been doing 95mph. I didn't even see them coming because I was "crusing". This obvious act of disrespect towards the KING (my busa) pissed me off to no end.... I down-shifted and blew by them at warp speed... I waited for them at the Pentagon exit. They asked me why I cleared out. I told them I thought they was trying to be smart. They said they actually wanted to ride with me... Now I feel terrible. I must be going crazy.... It seemed like a total dis at the time. Now that I think about it, I must be nuts. Am I tripping out or what? Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else???

Yeah, Not to Slam ya Basscrazy...

But this is something that crops up alot...

Remember, far as the rest of the world is concerned, it's just another "Crotch Rocket"...

Just like it's Just another Harley, Just another Corvette, Just another freaking Hummer.

Nobody really cares, Nobody is going to earn respect because of a vehicle or speed traveled.

(Revlis @ Oct. 03 2006,13:25)

Yeah, Not to Slam ya Basscrazy...

But this is something that crops up alot...

Remember, far as the rest of the world is concerned, it's just another "Crotch Rocket"...

Just like it's Just another Harley, Just another Corvette, Just another freaking Hummer.

Nobody really cares, Nobody is going to earn respect because of a vehicle or speed traveled.
Yea Rev. You and gnd111 are right. I see your point!!!

I guess I am to sensitive...
sad.gif
I am learning to count to 10. I just have not gotten past 2 yet. I'll work on it
tounge.gif

All worked out!!!!! Good to Go!!!!

(Wag @ Oct. 03 2006,13:03) People blow by me all the time. I just let 'em go. I know what the mighty Busa can do and really, if you get down to it, so do they!

Let 'em have their moment. I have nothing to prove.

--Wag--
I agree with you... I get it from cars too! If happen to run accross them again at the next light, I just tell them that they can meet me at the track
biggrin.gif
race.gif

(GMbusa @ Oct. 03 2006,13:06)
(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,02:59)

Naw, no "syndromes" Just a little nuts a times
biggrin.gif
 Dude, this is only conversation among the busa brothering (very light conversation...)  There is nothing serious happening.  I understand "the rider is a rider, cycle is a cycle thing
rock.gif
....)

and Oh yea, I do ride the fastest bike...  Stop on by, and I'll show ya
biggrin.gif
  Yea Baby!!!!!
Just like that time on the 234 bypass going to Manassas?  
laugh.gif

I wish i coulda seen you and the civic guy look at each other.
Ok, Ok, Ok, Paul may be faster... Let me tell the story.... Paul and I were heading to BK in Manassas for the weekly bike car thing. We get up on Rt 234 and Paul decides to stretch out his busa. Well this stretching exercise came as a new revelation to me and the poor little civic, that was at the light next to me. I looked over at the driver and he had this OH, %^$# (bad word of choice here) look on his face. I do believe I had the same look. Paul was G - O - N - E gone!!!! I mean gone to the upmost of gone-isity!!!

So at this point it was a race for 2nd place. Couldn't catch Paul, but broke the civic. Take that back. I did catch Paul, he was stopped at the light ahead...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,13:48) This morning I was on my way to work.  I was cruising about 80-85mph.  (I-95 HOV Woodbridge to DC)  Just north of Springfield two guys on GXRS-750s passed me.  They must of been doing 95mph.  I didn't even see them coming  because I was "crusing".  This obvious act of disrespect towards the KING (my busa) pissed me off to no end....  I down-shifted and blew by them at warp speed...  I waited for them at the Pentagon exit.  They asked me why I cleared out.  I told them I thought they was trying to be smart.  They said they actually wanted to ride with me...  Now I feel terrible.  I must be going crazy....  It seemed like a total dis at the time.  Now that I think about it, I must be nuts.  Am I tripping out or what?  Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else???
D, you must have went through Woodbridge after the MC accident. They had all lanes in HOV closed to medivac someone out who crashed big time riding a MC. I'll look it up on the web news tonight, but it was real bad!

Tom.

Oh but Bass, DON'T Forget you are on a Hayabusa that does have a bit of rep... SO OTHER SPORTBIKE riders MAY feel lik ethey have a little something to prove. Sometimes... It's not like your initial "They were messing with ya" thought was incorrect or anything.

It's the assumption that there is any sort of "respect" to be gained or lost that I feel is in place. If anything they allready showed you some respect by making a point of really RIPPING by you. If you were completely off the radar they would've just been riding by.

So, While other bikers might mess with you a little, it's important to remember that it's not a respect thing, it's a bike thing. You are not you're bike and it is the bike that they recognized and are playing off of, not you.

So it's NOT like you've got it ALL wrong or anything...

Just remember to NOT go chasing after and blowing by every little Ricey Civic out there with a fart can and NO brains that goes by in a hurry revving their engines...

(Revlis @ Oct. 03 2006,15:48) Oh but Bass, DON'T Forget you are on a Hayabusa that does have a bit of rep...   SO OTHER SPORTBIKE riders MAY feel lik ethey have a little something to prove.  Sometimes...  It's not like your initial "They were messing with ya" thought was incorrect or anything.  

It's the assumption that there is any sort of "respect" to be gained or lost that I feel is in place.  If anything they allready showed you some respect by making a point of really RIPPING by you.  If you were completely off the radar they would've just been riding by.

So, While other bikers might mess with you a little, it's important to remember that it's not a respect thing, it's a bike thing.  You are not you're bike and it is the bike that they recognized and are playing off of, not you.  

So it's NOT like you've got it ALL wrong or anything...

Just remember to NOT go chasing after and blowing by every little Ricey Civic out there with a fart can and NO brains that goes by in a hurry revving their engines...
You got it bro...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Postal @ Oct. 03 2006,15:17)
(basscrazy @ Oct. 03 2006,13:48) This morning I was on my way to work.  I was cruising about 80-85mph.  (I-95 HOV Woodbridge to DC)  Just north of Springfield two guys on GXRS-750s passed me.  They must of been doing 95mph.  I didn't even see them coming  because I was "crusing".  This obvious act of disrespect towards the KING (my busa) pissed me off to no end....  I down-shifted and blew by them at warp speed...  I waited for them at the Pentagon exit.  They asked me why I cleared out.  I told them I thought they was trying to be smart.  They said they actually wanted to ride with me...  Now I feel terrible.  I must be going crazy....  It seemed like a total dis at the time.  Now that I think about it, I must be nuts.  Am I tripping out or what?  Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else???
D, you must have went through Woodbridge after the MC accident. They had all lanes in HOV closed to medivac someone out who crashed big time riding a MC. I'll look it up on the web news tonight, but it was real bad!

Tom.
Tom,

I was about 400 yards from the accident spot. We sat in traffic for about 1 hour half. You know, I have been having fun with this post concerning my adventures this morning. I had almost forgot about the accident This accident was bad. I pray the guy makes it. He was air lifted out. I took pictures of the backup they are attached. I will try to find out about the rider. Let all pray his family as well!!!!

The accident happend at the top of the hill

pic2.jpg

I heard about the accident and the backup during my morning commute. Airlift always = bad.

(basscrazy @ Oct. 04 2006,00:06)
(Postal @ Oct. 03 2006,15:17)

Tom.
Tom,

I was about 400 yards from the accident spot.  We sat in traffic for about 1 hour half.  You know, I have been having fun with this post concerning my adventures this morning.  I had almost forgot about the accident This accident was bad.  I pray the guy makes it.  He was air lifted out.  I took pictures of the backup they are attached.  I will try to find out about the rider.  Let all pray his family as well!!!!

The accident happend at the top of the hill
I drove by on the regular lanes right as the chopper was landing. Got on HOV at the WB commuter lot.

Tom.

Back