did search but nothing

superbusaman

Registered
i have an 03 busa with about 9,000 miles, put it away last year running fine, got it out this year and its terrible. first think i noticed was under hard acceleration the rpms would go up and then just drop(like you pulled in the clutch) but still stay running. so i figured maybe the power comander unplugged it did same, hooked it up fired it up on the stand and gave it some gas in neutral, backfires. then as you keep the rpms holding steady at say about 6000 throttle in same position the rpms and engine start going up and down, but the throttle is in same position. hope iam explaining this ok, never seen anything like it. anyone HELP!!!!!

Fuel filter, Fuel pump, in that order!
In other words change fuel filter then check fuel pressure!

(05BusaLe @ May 23 2007,20:55) Fuel filter, Fuel pump, in that order!
In other words change fuel filter then check fuel pressure!
Swapping tanks or not, sounds like a Fuel Problem. Check injectors and your fuel lines. I would just start at the tank and go to the engine checking the entire system.  
wink.gif

I don't think there's a fuel filter in the 01' and up.

(jjmetheny @ May 24 2007,05:15)
(GMbusa @ May 24 2007,01:35) I don't think there's a fuel filter in the 01' and up.
There is.
+1. It's included in the Fuel Pump. I know, we had to replace GJoker's after it got clogged.

You could try draining the gas and then starting with Techron mixed fuel let it run for a good while and see if that clears it up. If it is just a little garabage in the injectros it might be enough to clean it out. Also it would eliminate the possibility of bad gas as your checking the system over.

isnt the fuel pump and filter connected to the bottom of the tank? thats why we swapped tanks. what is Techron mixed fuel? never heard of it

You can buy Techron at Autozone it is an engine detergent. Most Mechanics I know swear buy it and I have never had a problem with it. There is other stuff, If you use something other than Techron just make sure it is an engine detergent not just an "injector cleaner" Small bottle will do 12 gallons. Just mix it up in some gas cans and pour it on in. If you have never used it before it helps to run more than one tank through. Just don't get it on your paint it is somekind of nasty when dealing with paint finishes.

You can buy Techron at Autozone it is an engine detergent. Most Mechanics I know swear buy it and I have never had a problem with it. There is other stuff, If you use something other than Techron just make sure it is an engine detergent not just an "injector cleaner" Small bottle will do 12 gallons. Just mix it up in some gas cans and pour it on in. If you have never used it before it helps to run more than one tank through. Just don't get it on your paint it is somekind of nasty when dealing with paint finishes.

Back