Gen 2 Fuel Problem?

ky busa

Registered
My 2011 just started running poorly at wide open throttle. At 7,500 rpms the bike starts to pull slowly up to 10,000 rpms and the bike will not go past 10,000 rpms. In neutral the bike will redline, but the bike will not sweep the tach as quick as it normally would. When riding the bike and normal shifting at 3500-4500 rpms the bike runs perfect. The bike idles smoothly with no funny engine noises and it also don't overheat. The bike does not use no oil at 5,000 miles and it currently has 41,200 miles (original owner, stock bike expect two brothers bolt on exhaust). The rectifier recall has been done at the dealership when the bike had 39,000 miles. The charging system at the dealership was 14.1 volts if I recall right. I am thinking that the fuel pump may be weak but not 100% for sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm no expert but, I would look at getting a new fuel filter which is mounted on the pump assy itself and really pricey. They run close to $300. There is a thread somewhere on this forum about taking out the OEM filter and drilling/gutting it to put it back in place and adding a parts store inline fuel filter for about $35 dollars total cost for parts and some wrenching.
Someone would be along with more suggestions for you.

Good luck!

Back