Decisions Decisions

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
I just left dealership looking at a 09 Black Busa still in the crate. Dealer offered me $6500 for my bike. What to do? What to do? They also have a silver one but the wifey no likes it.

With that tradein what are they offering you OTD? Financing? Etc.....also remember that a few early 09s had the much cheaper price before their increase.....one of the members here ordered his and got to pay the old price, so depending if the 09 they have has been there for a little bit that could be a bargaining point. What could you get for yours in the local market? Also consider if it is worth the hassle of selling it yourself. Finally, decide if you really want the 09....if you do and you like it, I say go for it.

Pics obviously if you do....

With that tradein what are they offering you OTD? Financing? Etc.....also remember that a few early 09s had the much cheaper price before their increase.....one of the members here ordered his and got to pay the old price, so depending if the 09 they have has been there for a little bit that could be a bargaining point. What could you get for yours in the local market? Also consider if it is worth the hassle of selling it yourself. Finally, decide if you really want the 09....if you do and you like it, I say go for it.

Pics obviously if you do....

$11,600 OTD before trade. $6500.00 would be about tops for mine in this area since it has 22K miles on it. I still do not care for the rear of the Gen2 but that is all I don't like about it. The wife says it is more comfortable than my 06 as far as the rear seat goes. I have the weekend to think about it. We'll see.

If you're looking too long at the back end of the bike, you're not doing what you're supposed to be doing with it...

:rofl:

BUY IT!!! You will NOT regret it.

See? The rear doesn't look so bad, does it?

Scar%201904%20%282%29.jpg

Keep the 06 and get the 09 (I like silver) but what ever the wife likes thats what you get.:laugh:

If you're looking too long at the back end of the bike, you're not doing what you're supposed to be doing with it...

:rofl:

BUY IT!!! You will NOT regret it.

See? The rear doesn't look so bad, does it?

No Sir the backside of yours does not look bad at all. If I decide to gety the new one I may have to hit you up about the changes you made to the rear.

Are the Gen2s REALLY that much better than the Gen1? Stock vs stock how are the brakes and lights? I know on my 06 the stock headlights sucked. HID was not an option. The brakes weren't much better until SS lines and new pads.

Uh oh I am already subconsciously making a mod list!!:laugh:

Keep the 06 and get the 09 (I like silver) but what ever the wife likes thats what you get.:laugh:

:laugh: If Moma is not happy NOBODY is happy! She says the black is sweet and I have always preferred black anyways. It is THE fastest color you know!:whistle:

Dude that is a pretty darn good trade in for your bike with 22k... I would snatch that up.

You think?!?!?!?!?! I was going to trade in mine and it's an 07' with 8k miles and they are only offering $5500!!!! Told em to stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!! :moon:

the back of the bike is what you make of it, turn key product will never be enough:lol:

2009 sold just tell him to send me the commission check:whistle:

100_0815.JPG

100_0813.JPG

You think?!?!?!?!?! I was going to trade in mine and it's an 07' with 8k miles and they are only offering $5500!!!! Told em to stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!! :moon:

Do not take this as bragging cause not meant that way. You could take my bike to the same dealer and get offered a lot less. I have personally known the recently retired owner and new owner(retiree's son) for 25 years. I have been buying bikes from them for almost 20. I get a little bit of special treatment. It's who you know:laugh:

Dude that is a pretty darn good trade in for your bike with 22k... I would snatch that up.

Oh please...22,000 miles ain't sht and $6500 is chicken scratch.
The Zuk motor is bullet proof and 100,000 miles is easy if taken care of.

22,000 in 3 years...that only leaves you 10 1/2 years to go before you hit

This one is even rashed on one side
2006 SUZUKI Hayabusa for sale in Ocala, FL: Sportbike - CycleTrader.com

$6500...your giving it away...

Now on to part 2 of the equation...

If you like the Gen 2 then by all means get one but despite what the kool-aid
drinking hommies tell ya...there ain't a whole of difference. At the cost
of the ugly tail section you get 15 more horses, a slightly smoother engine,
and a brake upgrade we shoulda had 5 years ago.

And for that your going to give your bike up and 5 grand...heck slap a turbo
on your '06 (and still have $1000 left) and tell all the gen 2 to KYA.

Ya know I had an interesting conversation with Chris Jones, tuner extrodinair

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

We talked about the Gen 2, HE brought up that the upgrades were mild
and if anyone has a nice Gen 1...it's not worth the money for what you get.
Oh he said if your building a bike for the strip the Gen 2s have much better
ECU and electronics and head design is easier to open up but for street riding...
Keep the gen 1. Funny...that's what I thought.

As far as the tune job he did on my bike...feels smooth enough to fool me
into thinking I'm riding around on a ZX14(smooth) but with BUSA bottom end.

Hey...if a Gen 2 turns your crank, then get it...whatever makes you happy but
like I said...15 more horses and the wonderful tail.

Best of luck whatever you decide. :beerchug:

Oh please...22,000 miles ain't sht and $6500 is chicken scratch.
The Zuk motor is bullet proof and 100,000 miles is easy if taken care of.

22,000 in 3 years...that only leaves you 10 1/2 years to go before you hit

This one is even rashed on one side
2006 SUZUKI Hayabusa for sale in Ocala, FL: Sportbike - CycleTrader.com

$6500...your giving it away...

Now on to part 2 of the equation...

If you like the Gen 2 then by all means get one but despite what the kool-aid
drinking hommies tell ya...there ain't a whole of difference. At the cost
of the ugly tail section you get 15 more horses, a slightly smoother engine,
and a brake upgrade we shoulda had 5 years ago.

And for that your going to give your bike up and 5 grand...heck slap a turbo
on your '06 (and still have $1000 left) and tell all the gen 2 to KYA.

Ya know I had an interesting conversation with Chris Jones, tuner extrodinair

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107024-jones-performance-central-fl-awesome.html

We talked about the Gen 2, HE brought up that the upgrades were mild
and if anyone has a nice Gen 1...it's not worth the money for what you get.
Oh he said if your building a bike for the strip the Gen 2s have much better
ECU and electronics and head design is easier to open up but for street riding...
Keep the gen 1. Funny...that's what I thought.

As far as the tune job he did on my bike...feels smooth enough to fool me
into thinking I'm riding around on a ZX14(smooth) but with BUSA bottom end.

Hey...if a Gen 2 turns your crank, then get it...whatever makes you happy but
like I said...15 more horses and the wonderful tail.

Best of luck whatever you decide. :beerchug:

That is why I am taking the weekend to think about it. I just pm'd another member here this week about a fairly close builder as I am thinking of building my 06 this winter. I am NOT sold on the Gen2 YET.

As far as giving it away no I think not. I have seen and heard of plenty of nice bikes with a lot lower mileage doing good to get in that range. The market is not what it used to be.

$9999.00 for that 06 :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
yeah I know the $9999 is funny as hell ain't it..especially if you
could actually see it in person. I guess to me, I really don't care
market value...it's what it means to me. And $6500 just isn't anywere
near it, so I'd keep it. I'll probably keep mine forever, I'll just buy a 2nd one
and a third...and a....

The black '09 are my favorite gen 2 btw...the color scheme is similar to my black '06

Back