debating installing airtech slammed gas tank (gen 1) or selling it???

AZIROC

Registered
So way back when, when I low slided the bike and that was my excuse for a paintjob. I got a bunch of new parts, 1 including said Airtech slammed gas tank. my factory gas tank had a nice dent in it and I wasnt sure if they would be able to fix it, hence why I got it. Well, they were able to fix it and make it look new:thumbsup: but I still have the aftermarket gas tank. Its been in the closet for prob 3 years and just collecting dust. I am debating if I should modify the fuel pump float and put this tank on or just sell it. If I sell it, any idea what these are going for now?? If I should install it, anyone modified the fuel pump float arm so it works?

When you bought it did you get the sealant treatment done on the inside of the tank? Ethanol ruins fiberglass tanks so unless you got it done or you are running only race gas I'd reconsider since you got your old tank back to normal

I know when I got it, it did not have it done but the place that painted it knew to do this and did it for me.

Ever read Airtechs disclosure on that fiberglass tank? It says its not for street use because if your have the same wreck you had before the tank will most likely crack not dent, the potential for fire goes way up. At almost all racing events a fire truck is there so it's a non issue......sell the tank and buy something else for your bike.

Ever read Airtechs disclosure on that fiberglass tank? It says its not for street use because if your have the same wreck you had before the tank will most likely crack not dent, the potential for fire goes way up. At almost all racing events a fire truck is there so it's a non issue......sell the tank and buy something else for your bike.

I did know that. When I got it, it was going to be used for the track, I just never got around to putting it on. You do have a good point though, since the bike is mostly commute now, it wouldn't be that practical now. Infact, if I had it on my lowslide, it would have been interesting. I may have to take it out of the closet, dust it off, and take some pics. Any idea what they go for used?

Back