2008 fuel pump on a 99 gen 1?

PorterBespoke

Registered
Hi all, I'm new here and have had a look round but cant find a definitive answer:

I'm upgrading my 1999 gen 1 fuel system to use the in tank fuel pump/reg from a gen 2. I've just bought the fuel pump set up from (what I thought was) a gen 2, however it looks just about brand new - as though it is from a 2008 or newer bike.

If it is a later model (2008 onwards) pump/pressure reg assembly etc, will it still be OK to use on a 1999 gen 1?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Eddie

Be a lot easier if you had a gas tank make for an internal fuel pump. Then it's almost a bolt and go.

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer in my original post, the engine is being used in a race car, and the new fuel pump will be used in a surge pot.

I was just checking that the new pump will be ok to use with a 99 gen 1 engine - as long as the pressure it supplies is the same it should be fine?

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer in my original post, the engine is being used in a race car, and the new fuel pump will be used in a surge pot.

I was just checking that the new pump will be ok to use with a 99 gen 1 engine - as long as the pressure it supplies is the same it should be fine?
Yessir. Pressure is correct if left as an assembly.

Back