dead blow hammers

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, beating on stuff is in the normal scope of working on anything mechanical..

These hammers (if you have never used one) are terrific for pounding out axles and anything else that needs persuasion without damage.. I have owned 2 of them for maybe 20 years? but they were always $40 or more..

This coupon is printable btw....

5.jpg

Harbor Freight=
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

It's been my 2nd home the last couple of months.

You outa try a dead blow ball pen hammer. There not cheep but they do the job..
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Yep, I've had the heavy rubber no-mar type for a long time, but a few years ago bought that identical hammer. No comparison, the lead shot-filled one simply does NOT bounce on impact. I do woodworking and use these to coax tight-fitting joints together as well as other tasks where I don't want to dent surfaces.

IF yo u think that is a good one, You need to try Lixie Hammers... I have used them for years(mold makers hammers they are though of most). A good one will run you about 35 bux.. I have a larger one that was about 80 bux... it has alot of power too. heres a link

http://www.lixiehammers.com/deadblowseries.htm
I have 2 soft face and 2 hard faced deadblows.. (SnapOn) The hardfaced look like a ballpeen hammer with a plastic body and metal regular ballpeen heads.

I have seen to many DIY'er mushroom axle shafts, threaded shafts and bearing surface with hammers over the years.. now that I do not make money fixing them, i will hand out a few secrets here and there
laugh.gif

Back