De-bugging the jacket

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
anyone know how I can clean the bugs off of my Joe Rocket mesh jacket ??? guts are everywhere :puke:

:laugh:

Sorry, I only wear leather...just takes a damp rag and they wipe right off :thumbsup:

yea... got the leather too, just can't wear it when it's above 90 degrees :whistle: use it for my 70 and under weather :thumbsup:

I use a very strong hanger, then hang the item off a tree, basketball hoop or garage door and use my powerwasher at 2500 p.s.i.,with a hot water feed.

Works great if you have a day or so to let it dry out.

I hang mine on the clothes line and spray a mixture of 50% dish soap and 50% water, from a spray pump bottle, and then hose it off.
It will dry in the sun and then finished.

I use a stiff old hair brush on my mesh jacket and my textile jackets. Seems to do the job pretty well after a lot of shaking out (for the mesh). Once I used a hand held vacuum cleaner with a narrow tip and that also worked pretty well.

Car wash-power spray. I do my Aerostitch that way, with me in it. Just have someone blast away--great fun.

Remove the armor, wash in cold water (washer) rinse twice and hang out of the sun to dry. I do mine twice during the summer.

Ron

I've heard some bugs taste good!:whistle:

Yes, but like Chinese food, you will be hungry a couple of hours later!:laugh:

IMG_2831%20%28Large%29.jpg

works like a charm for me!!

I have two Joe Rocket jackets (both textile, both armor, one is mesh) and they both call for 'don't use the wash machine'.

So, I hang them out on the patio and spray them with the garden hose. Thus far, it's worked nicely.

Seems kinda weird that you'd mass produce a jacket that can't be even professionally cleaned.

I have an old Firstgear mesh and have run it through the washer several times with no problems. Just gotta take the foam pads out or it'll take forever to dry.

Back