Cutting out/dying

Phatroy

Never Forgotten
I have a 2000 Busa. Last week I got cut off in traffic and had to make an all out emergency stop. I came to rest on a small up hill grade and the bike fell over on it's left side. I picked it up and after the Fuel Injection light went off I started it up. A couple of days later the bike started sputtering and died completely. It always starts back. It has done this 3 times over the last 3 weeks. I took it to the shop and they tried to tell me the gas gage was off and I was out of gas. (Thats bunk!) It has happened on a half of tank and full tank. It runs great between incidents, but is its annoying that I can't find the problem. HELP!!!! Any ideas?
face7.gif

very common problem with hayabusas cutting out when you dont expect it.the problem is the pipe inside the petrol tank which i think is attached to the fuel filter.the pipe softens and kinks reducing the fuel flow to the fuel pump.the dealer may try to tell you that your frame no is not included in the suzuki list.just tell him to #### off

I threatened my dealer with the lemon law and they misteriously found the problem and corrected it had no problems now for about 10000 miles.

I dropped off my bike and the dealer took it for a 28 mile ride and said nothing was wrong. He said my fuel gage was off and there wasn't any fuel in the tank. That's a bunch of @#*#@* (bunk). I took it home and it started all over again.
I have an extended warranty on it. I took it back and dropped it off and told them don't call me until you fix it. Haven't gotten a call yet. (Only been 2 days).
AAAssjani.gif

I dropped off my bike and the dealer took it for a 28 mile ride and said nothing was wrong.  He said my fuel gage was off and there wasn't any fuel in the tank.  That's a bunch of @#*#@* (bunk).  I took it home and it started all over again.
I have an extended warranty on it.  I took it back and dropped it off and told them don't call me until you fix it.  Haven't gotten a call yet.  (Only been 2 days).
AAAssjani.gif
Don't wait for them to call you, they will let it sit for a month and then tell you they could not find anything.

Found the problem. Turns out I was right. The fuel pump has 3 filters in it. The first was clogged. The second (paper filter), had totally torn apart clogging the thrig filter. They said they didn't understand how it even ran. It was totally starved for fuel. Three filters/labor later she'll be back on the road. Thanks for all the imput to my problem. Didn't have a clue myself.

What is the lemon law in Virginia - anyone know? I bought my busa in October. It began cutting out at 400 miles. The dealer found a kinked hose. Then it cut out again at 700 miles - they replaced ignition and sidestand switch. Now at 1680 miles it cut out again, with me 50 miles from home. For some reason hiking the tank gives me about 20 miles of driving so it was up, down, up, down all the way home. Anyway, they've worked on it twice, and this is the third occurrence of the issue. Do I have standing to use the lemon law to get them to buy back the bike?

What is the lemon law in Virginia - anyone know?   I bought my busa in October.  It began cutting out at 400 miles.  The dealer found a kinked hose.   Then it cut out again at 700 miles - they replaced ignition and sidestand switch.  Now at 1680 miles it cut out again, with me 50 miles from home.  For some reason hiking the tank gives me about 20 miles of driving so it was up, down, up, down all the way home.   Anyway, they've worked on it twice, and this is the third occurrence of the issue.  Do I have standing to use the lemon law to get them to buy back the bike?
go herehttp://valemonlaw.com/index.html
Good luck.
If tipping the tank up helps make sure there isn't something in there. Use a bright light (flashlight and a lighter)
laugh.gif
and look around. There might something blocking the fuel line.

Hey jwcfbd, thanks for the lemon law info.

I lost my warranty booklet - anyone happen to have the address for Suzuki's warranty dept that's listed in there? I need to send them a letter about all this...

Thanks much - Ben

I'm having similar problems. "00" Busa, cuts out after it has warmed up. Replaced fuel pump, added then removed commander; put extra heat shielding (tape) around it; still konks out. New batt., went down last year, then turned it N, and tricked out with insurance money. Full D&D, mod air is all, other then chrome and paint. They've been over the lines and nothing. Finally got it to happen N front of them, " PUZZLED LOOK" DUH!!..Like I didnt know what I was saying..& 2 dys from Myrtle beach!!..bout at the end of my rope,and seriously U Know What !!

Back