Crazy HID install, getting crazier

OldMan

Registered
Hi all,
Last week I had a fairly simple HID install, however the supplier didn't tell me I needed a spacer for the H7 bulb, long story short, got the spacer and put it in today, great, the bulb fits well and I was about to adjust the lights when I noticed that the running lights that I also changed out for the 9 Led SMT Tower II 194 168 W5W 2825 from Autoilumination 194 168 W5W 2825 Map Led Parking Signal Marker Bulbs started flashing now (see video):banghead:

My fist thought was to start the bike let it run, shut it off and still the same thing. Now it actually looks pretty cool and can be an attention getter, however on the other hand it can also throw off some drivers when I signal. I'm also a little disturbed as i don't like the sound of a potential elictrical issue. I wrote autoillumination and am waiting for a reply... These are LED Amber colored lights - should I put the stockers back in? Anyone else have this issue ever?

Attachments

• busa flashihg.wmv
    3 MB · Views: 122
Wish i could help,but iam all thumbs when it comes to installing anything! I have a hid kit and led marker lites that have been sitting around for 6mo waitin to fine someone to install them! How pathetic is that!:banghead:

Wish i could help,but iam all thumbs when it comes to installing anything! I have a hid kit and led marker lites that have been sitting around for 6mo waitin to fine someone to install them! How pathetic is that!:banghead:

I'm the same way and sweat bullets doing this job, but really, once you commit and take your time, it's a piece of cake. I just put the stock running lights back in and they are OK, no flashing, but they are UGLY! Going out to Cyclegear and or an auto part store to see if I can locate some dependable LED running lights.... it's never really over, is it!

Ride to my house, ill help ya. It's not far.....:lol:

Droid via Tapatalk

I'm the same way and sweat bullets doing this job, but really, once you commit and take your time, it's a piece of cake. I just put the stock running lights back in and they are OK, no flashing, but they are UGLY! Going out to Cyclegear and or an auto part store to see if I can locate some dependable LED running lights.... it's never really over, is it!

Its never over:banghead:Still have boxes of parts i ordered off ebay that still need to be installed.Still need my ecu flashed and a dyno tune.Just put on new tires,bmc race filter and a oil change!

Back