Considering new 2008 Busa

Willie J Martins

Registered
Hello, I'm a newby here considering the purchase of a new Busa.

Long time since I have been riding, the last bike was a 750 Suzuki two stroke 3 cylinder, back in the 70's. This was followed by a few test rides in Germany, where on a good day it is legal to go as fast as the machine allows.

So, I want a Busa for the technology and the performance, but there is a conflict. Flip the throttle for a few seconds and you end up with a felony, or is breaking the law part of the adrenalin rush?

The way I see it, the only fun will be accelrating through to 75 mph as hard as one can, or getting on to a high speed track a couple of times a year. Or, take the risk and break the law now and then....

So, my dilemma is do I get this fantastic machine, or just build a chopper which gives the same legal ride with a bit more fashion?

Willie

(Willie J Martins @ Aug. 19 2007,13:08) ...this fantastic machine, or just build a chopper which gives the same legal ride with a bit more fashion?

Willie
You want to compare a Hayabusa to a "chopper"
pissed.gif

My first question would be Do you want to ride the best bike ever built or make a fashion statement?
rock.gif
The Busa is only as fast as your right wrist tells it to be! By the way accelerating as hard as one can thru 75 will be 1st gear only. What fun will it be to shift from 1st to 6th???

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the best bike site on the net!

(BusaBret @ Aug. 19 2007,16:44) My first question would be Do you want to ride the best bike ever built or make a fashion statement?
rock.gif
 The Busa is only as fast as your right wrist tells it to be! By the way accelerating as hard as one can thru 75 will be 1st gear only. What fun will it be to shift from 1st to 6th???

to the best bike site on the net!
+1 to that.

the busa will do exactly what u tell it to do.... if u wanna cruise, it cruises. if u wanna blow somebodies doors off, just twist the wrist harder. dont let the fact that the bike is a beast scare u from getting one. only you have control over how fast you wanna go.

Besides, there are those wonderful things called "curves"!

If you live near sections of road with curve signs that suggest say 15 or 25 miles an hour, you can have a blast and still not exceed 60 or so...
biggrin.gif
super.gif

My Busa is well behaved. Has never decided to go say 150 with out my permission . It may think about it but always listens to me. Me on other hand well................
SHOCKED.gif

If you can't control your wrist, BUY THE CHOPPER ! It's slow, handles horribly, and is totally useless. Other than going from Bar to Bar (and comsuming adult beverages and driving is breaking the law also - but with a chopper it's just at a LOT SLOWER speed) . But it does give you that certain look  
SHOCKED.gif
in our trendy society
laugh.gif

you can ride the busa on the track....be it a drag strip or road course..........choppers dont do these things very well. I would love to see a chopper at a track day ....could you imagine lol
smile.gif

I recommend you obtain these three bikes in this order.

1. Hayabusa
2. Hayabusa
3. Hayabusa

Chopper will cost you way more and isn't as fun
sad.gif
I drive mine around town pretty fast, but hey breaking the law is always fun if you don't get caught
smile.gif

aboard!

Where in Arkansas are ya located? There are some really nice roads that are very Busa-friendly
wink.gif

I've ridden choppers, cruisers, tourers, sport-tourers, etc. I've not had as much fun as the Busa! Like others have said, it goes as fast or as slow as your want - just in how much you twist the wrist...

Go for the Busa - you won't regret it!

The way I see it, the only fun will be accelrating through to 75 mph as hard as one can, or getting on to a high speed track a couple of times a year. Or, take the risk and break the law now and then....[/Quote]

laugh.gif
OK

In a blink and you will be past 75mph, trust me.  
wink.gif

If you've ever been addicted to anything this will probably be your worst addiction ever.  
race.gif

The hayabusa makes a GREAT touring machine. You can ride around town. You can go play. You can go across the country. It really does do it all well IMO.

Back