Confutatis Maledictus (Descending Palomar)

Devil Dog's been around, Berdoo is where it all started.

FirstMcDonalds.jpg

81Berdoo.jpg

:whistle:

:bowdown: Thanks...but truth be told.....I'm a transplant. SoCal since 2005.

I'm from Philly/Jersey....

DD

No thanks. Blind corners, no runnoff room, oncoming traffic, narrow lanes, guard rails. It's a recipe for disaster and a poor learning environment!!

When I look at the statistics of motorcycle deaths and injuries I can only wonder: Why do you guys take risks like that when the track is much more fun and way safer?????

No thanks. Blind corners, no runnoff room, oncoming traffic, narrow lanes, guard rails. It's a recipe for disaster and a poor learning environment!!

When I look at the statistics of motorcycle deaths and injuries I can only wonder: Why do you guys take risks like that when the track is much more fun and way safer?????

Ah yes.....Mr. Freeway has arrived. Very nice to meet you.

Gregbob is a track junkie...dood can ride

And I agree with him about what we do on Palomar and the street in general.

My riding crazy days are waaaaaay behind me. No more for me. Ever since I started doing track days I've chilled out a ton. You remember that last SoCal ride......Yup that was me at the back chillin',,,,,,everyone asking me me "if I was ok?"

Yo, GregBob.....definately just kidding.....

I completely agree w your points on riding hard on the streets, especially Pally....

TrackDays are the best......

:beerchug:

Oh heck, I'll say something.....to me, riding "fast" on the street is defined as 60-80% effort in an environment with good surface, no cars, great sensitivity to obstacles (guard rails, trees, etc.) and never driveways. A couple special friends and I push it when those conditions exist. I must be doing something right, I'm 62 years old and have had over 65 motorcycles with 2 minor accidents (that's 51 years of biking).
How does that compare (for me) with track riding? It's another universe, tracks allow me to go right to the edge of both equipment and skill level. I've never riden on a track where I didn't feel some level of growth at the end of the day.
I believe it is simply wrong to treat any roadway like it's a track. The other day someone asked me how long will it take me to wear out my knee pucks in the canyons....my answer was, "probably 50 years". Raydog

Indeed, Doyle.

Another perfect example of "there's a time and a place for everything."

besides .. :laugh: one can't flip up one's ..helmetface and enjoy a smoke whils't ..enjoying the scenery ..if one is attacking the street .. :whistle: ( can't smoke while riding @ the track ) . :rulez: ..:whistle:

Back