Concealed Carry

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I usually conceal carry my Taurus .357 4" revolver or my M-92 Beretta 9mm. Both are a little big for concealed carry.

I like the simplicity of a revolver for cc, and have been looking at 5 shot .357 snubnose's......Until this caught my attention.

Link:

http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/revolvers.cfm

Wonder how the .410 3" Magnum stacks up against the awesome, well proven .45 Colt. This might be what I decide to get. Comments?

Judge.jpg

.357 carry gun?
rock.gif
I dislike that gun due to muzzle velocity and collateral damage... .45 or .40 cal seems a lot better option..

shot shell could get you in trouble.. if you shoot someone you need to kill them.. not just wound or hurt them..

sure looks like a nifty carry piece...

Taurus titanium .357, 7 shot, ported muzzle, light weight. Awesome hand cannon for carry!
Its still a .357 though.  I'd prefer a 9 over any .357, or a Bren Ten or a .40 or .45.
clap.gif

I do have one though, a Herter's Western derringer in .357 magnum. Great phone booth gun! Sure is hard to hold onto so I use +Ps in it. Still hard to hold onto...

IMHO, in a snubbie, .357 > .45 Colt in a .410 chamber > .410.

Have you considered a 5-shot .357 snubbie?

Karl

How is a 3 inch cylinder going to be any more compact than what you got now? Yeah the barrel is shorter but the cylinder makes it back up.

If I carried a revolver it would be a S&W Titanuim .357 hammerless. Yeah its a handfull to shoot but if you have to use it for protection you wont care  
winkold.gif

Kimber 1911 Compact, .45ACP
Kahr MK40, .40S&W
Kahr P9
Glock 26 (*small but need the 9mm)

I have never really seen any pro recommend a .357 as a CC weapon..

I have a Sig P239/40 for my ccw, but would prefer the simplicity and reliability of a revolver. I found a snub nosed Colt Python but I don't have a $2k sitting about for a gun purchase.

I usually conceal carry my Taurus .357 4" revolver or my M-92 Beretta 9mm. Both are a little big for concealed carry.

I like the simplicity of a revolver for cc, and have been looking at 5 shot .357 snubnose's......Until this caught my attention.

Link:

http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/revolvers.cfm

Wonder how the .410 3" Magnum stacks up against the awesome, well proven .45 Colt. This might be what I decide to get. Comments?
To answer your question on the Taurus Judge... AWESOME F-ING GUN!!! My neighbor just bought one, and we shot it last saturday. To me, it has a great trigger pull, and a good grip. Decent sights on it too.

As for the round to use for carry, I'd use the 45, as when I shot the .410 in it, the spread pattern was too much and would be too much of a liability in a defense situation if innocents were around. At about 10 yds with #8 shot, it peppered the entire body silhouette target and then some. The reason for the .410 capability of it, IIRC, was for a carjacking situation in very close quarters. It has a barrel designed to optimize the spread pattern in CQ encounters.

A concealed handgun should be a revolver (always ready, left or right hand use), .38 P+ caliber (enough power to kill and fairly easy to control - accuracy), hammerless (last thing you want if you need it in a hurry is for it to get snagged) and dark in color (hello "concelaed" not bling-bling SS).

IMO anyway.

A concealed handgun should be a revolver (always ready, left or right hand use), .38 P+ caliber (enough power to kill and fairly easy to control - accuracy), hammerless (last thing you want if you need it in a hurry is for it to get snagged) and dark in color (hello "concelaed" not bling-bling SS).

IMO anyway.
+1...thats what a CC tool is all about...practicality and usability. I guess its just a guys way to always want to go overkill tho  
rock.gif
 Personally I fought those urges and picked up a nice little S&W ultralight TI 38 Special CC with laser sights. Affordable for what it was, very small, SUPER light (hardly know you're carrying it), shoots like a dream and with +P's has all the stopping power I'll ever need  
winkold.gif

The judge is way too big for concealed carry, unless you use to drawing long revolvers. Its a great weapon, just too bulky. If you can't aim, then sure carry this one.

my carry piece s the Smith and Wesson Sw-99 Compact .40 caliber with black talons or Federal hydrashocks.

I tend to believe like some, if what you are carrying now is too big, you aren't gaining much by considering the .45/.410.

My favorites for concealed carry
Glock 36 - single stack 45acp compact
Glock 29 - 10 rounds of 10mm all in a nice little package

and I just acquired one of the new Ruger .380 I'll admit I'm not big on .380acp, but I wanted something really small to carry for those days I didn't feel like lugging a bigger gun or something I could slip in my pocket real easy while on the Busa. So far so good, shoots great and hasn't had any malfunctions yet.

Lately i have been thinking of the S&W 50 cal snub bear killer.
I know where you can get a 4570 Derringer for free
smile.gif

Mandalls in Scottsdale had an open offer running for years that no one ever made it through..

You buy a box of 4570 rounds (8 or 10 rounds?) put them through the Derringer and it was yours.. I think some guy made it to 5 once...

CC weapon of choice is very subjective! I for one don't have small hands... So, what is big/bulky for some is compact for me. As always I recommend carrying what feels right for You the shooter! Your life may depend on it someday... Nice looking handgun by the way.

Lately i have been thinking of the S&W 50 cal snub bear killer.
I know where you can get a 4570 Derringer for free
smile.gif

Mandalls  in Scottsdale had an open offer running for years that no one ever made it through..

You buy a box of 4570 rounds (8 or 10 rounds?) put them through the Derringer and it was yours..  I think some guy made it to 5 once...
I have one...never fired it yet tho lol. But I keep hearing these stories
wowold.gif
laugh.gif
......when I do shoot it I'll let you guys know my impressions
winkold.gif

Back