computer guru's - How do I turn DVD clips

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking for an easy way to turn video on a DVD into an MPEG clip I can use on my website. It was made on an Mac computer but is burned on a DVD that I can watch on my regular DVD player (non-computer).

How do I do this and are there programs available for free?
TIA
smile.gif

if it's a standard file, you might be able to copy it right from the DVD and convert. if it's standard REAL DVD like, you might have to 'rip' it off the disc. either way, a great place for converters and other things free:

http://www.videohelp.com/

I don't know anything, I just go there
smile.gif

Thanks for all the help guys. Shenoyp I found one that worked on the site you recomended. On the free try it version it allows you to use all features but only convert up to 5 mins. That worked fine because I only needed 3 mins.

I did run into one other snag. I tried to open the file I converted from DVD to WMV with Windows Movie Maker to down size it for web use and it gave me an error message that said the file was not indexed, and it would not import it. It does play the video as converted with Windows Media Player just fine though. If anyone knows what this means or how to fix it please let me know.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123446976 -->

Back