Common sense

SLO MO

Registered
I was flipping the channels and I stopped by FOX news which I occasionally do and I was really intrigued because they were talking about Common, Rapper\poet\Actor Common Sense. I could not help but to sit and watch how crazy they sounded bashing Common, i thought wow these people have no clue what they are talking about and it was too funny, Common a thug, really? :rofl: he is the Wayne Brady of rap image wise but is known for his brilliant story telling, metaphors, intellectual and thought provoking content of his music.

I thought wow, you have people that obviously know nothing about who they are discussing other than a short clip from DEF poetry jam in 2007 then use that to paint a picture, the poem was about police brutality and corruption. Then I said it doesn't matter if they know what they are talking about because 99% of the audience that tunes in has no idea who Common is nor what he stands for.

Favorite song by common is The People, here is my Daughters favorite (Come Close /f Mary) and this is the guy that is such a thug and hoodlum, pastels aint gangsta :rofl:

Another typical Republican/Conservative tactic...using scare tactics and making up complete BS in an attempt to besmirch one character and help those that are not knowledgable on the subject form their point of view or story. Common is actually one of the good ones, and if they have a problem with the genre that he represents, he's probably the last one that they need to focus on.
Curious to know why FOX didn't highlight Johnny Cash's visits to the WH when GWB was in office, or when his dad invited Eazy E? ??? I'd consider Cash just as "controversial" as Common, if not more so, and we don't even need to discuss Eazy.
Nothing worst than someone who overlooks their own flaws to illustrate someone else's. If it involves Obama, and FOX is covering it, you can guarantee immediate dissent.

I used to really like Common. but after he started doing GAP commercials I lost a lot of respect for him. But in retrospect what "Gangsta" wears GAP?????

Back