Comfort: 09 Busa vs 09 GSXR 1000

I think the Busa is more comfortable, but the 09 1000 is really good too. Folks are trying to compare other years and makes of 1000s to the 09, but obviously haven't ridden it. The 09 1000 is much more comfortable than the previous GSXR's since the original 01,02 model; like the original, it's not as hard on the wrists as the 03 to 08 models.
The 09 GSXR handles great and is very comfortable for a 1000, but being big and tall you will get beat up more by the wind.
I have an 08 Busa and my freind owns the 09, they are both great, but it's kinda an apples to oranges comparison. The Busa is better daily driver comfort, especially for someone your size.

Thanks for the comments, and opinions...
As I stated, I thought this would be the answers, I know the 1000 is smaller, narrower, and set up for a more aggressive ridding position.
I had a ZX-10 and honestly didnt like it, it was too small, so I guess I really did know this answer before I asked the question. But figured if I was going to get a new bike, I might want to try something different, but I guess I will be looking at a new Busa

I WOULD GO BACK TO THE BUSA..I HAD A ZX10. IT WAS COOL BUT A BIT ROUGH ON THE KNEES ON LONG RIDES. I'M 6'2 23OLBS. I HAVE A 08 BUSA IT'S MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE. I WOULDN'T GO BACK... :thumbs:

HERE'S A PIC OF MY ZX10 I SOLD...

zx103.jpg

Sounds like you're looking for a Harley:rofl:

Warbird on here owns both an 08 Busa and an 09 Gixer. I think he would say go with the Busa for comfort. The Gixer is a bit quicker steering and more track oriented ergonomics. Sounds like you don't really need any of that.

At 275, 6'4", the Gixer will feel like a bicycle to you.

I am 5'8" at 175lbs. I have riden both equally at long distances. The 08 busa is more comfortable then the 09 Gsxr 1k. The seat cushion is better padded on the busa even though you set more in a racer tuck on the 08 versus the 09. The 09 you do sit more upright on, but the seat padding is thinner. After an hour or so you will be moving around more to get comfortable again. The more you weight the worse I think you will feel. But the 09 is pretty good in general for the current 1k's out there for longer riding trips. I have ridden 07 R1's and 07 Gsxr 1ks and a few other and the 09 Gsxr 1k is more upright and less pressure on your wrists! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Busa hands down. I can only ride my 07 1K for about an hour.

Changes in the 09 aside, I have both in 08. I am 6'1 200 and I cannot imagine you would be comfortable in a GSXR1000. Busa makes you feel more "in" the bike rather then on top of it.

For my 10ps worth....

Your wrists will take a pounding on the GSXR 1000.... other than that i found my mates liveable.... but after fitting Buell Pegs, Helibars and a Gel Seat i wouldnt buy a 1000 and put up with the discomfort for the sake of 5% of the time being able to go "a bit faster"...:laugh:

I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 245lb. The GSXR1000 feels like a dirtbike I grew up on. Anybody over 5'9 and 170lb needs to be on a busa anyway. The liter bikes are made for tiny ass people. They are great bikes but seriously at 5'10 the windscreen hits me lower chest area when I'm in normal riding position....its ridiculous much less not even remotely comparable to a busa as far as how comfortable it is

Last edited:
I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 245lb. The GSXR1000 feels like a dirtbike I grew up on. Anybody over 5'9 and 170lb needs to be on a busa anyway. The liter bikes are made for tiny ass people. They are great bikes but seriously at 5'10 the windscreen hits me lower chest area when I'm in normal riding position....its ridiculous much less not even remotely comparable to a busa as far as how comfortable it is

True, but still apples to oranges comparison. The 1000 is basically a race bike with a passenger seat. The Busa is what it's classed as, a sport tourer...with 1000 power and then some:laugh:

I curently own both, 06 gsxr 1000 and 09 busa, I dont think they can compare to each other, the busa is much comfortable. I ride the busa all the time, I dont even like to ride the 1000 anymore, I do take it out sometimes for couple of blocks just to keep it running but thats it, Im curently thinking of selling it, hope this helps...

which one is faster my friend has a 2006 gsxr 1000 and it is all stock and swears he will beat my 2008 with 40 pounds of exhaust gone and a full brocks in its place, I think hes gonna lose

Im sure this has been asked 100 times, and Im sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask, and see if anyone has ridden both bikes a good distance and can comment.
I sold my 08 Busa earlier this year to catch up on bills, I have done so, and now looking into getting a new bike.
Im thinking maybe about getting a leftover 2009 GSXR 1000 (just as something different than I had)
My question is, only on a question of pure comfort for the rider, is the GSXR 1000 anywhere near the Busa?
I dont care about performance, speed, non of that.
When I ride, I like to hit a 300 mile run on a Sunday, any chance the GSXR 1000 will be as comfortable as a Busa?
I am 6'4" and about 275 lbs, I had Heli Bars and buell pegs on my 08 Busa, and plan on doing that to a new Busa, or GSXR

You and I are about the same size...I used to have a GSXR100, sold it to a good friend. Had a Gen I (2005 LE) and now a Gen II. There is no comparison in comfort, the Busa win's hands down. The last ride I took on the 1K, before I sold it, was a 300 mile ride. I was sooooo sore all over by the time I got done. I do the same ride, and longer on the Busa, no issues....

btw I rode the 1K the other day...wondered to myself how I rode it as long as I did!!!!

which one is faster my friend has a 2006 gsxr 1000 and it is all stock and swears he will beat my 2008 with 40 pounds of exhaust gone and a full brocks in its place, I think hes gonna lose

Bike vs bike, the Busa is just a little faster, they are very close. But it IS all in the rider. The better one of the two of you will win on either bike.

Back