coatings?

reaper0995

Registered
i helped a couple of friends build their mustang enginges and noticed a couple of differences (in priciples) and was wondering why no one did them to the busa, or any other turboed biikes for that matter. they had the tops of their pistons ceramic coated so that the heat from a power adder wouldn't eventually lead to a melted piston and also had the side walls of the piston teflon coated as to reduce friction. they also have the exhaust ceramic coated and some intake parts and i have also seen a few guys ceramic coat the exhuast side of their turbos on a couple of cars. is there any particular reason why not to do these same things to the busa motor?

I think ceramic coating helps keep heat out of engine bay.It has insulating qualitys.They do both inside and outside of pipe.It also helps prevent rust

smile.gif
my intake pipes (from turbo to plentum chamber) and my exhaust pipe (turbo outlet to muffle) is ceramic coated... they did it so it help keep the heat down... expensive to get done... well in australia it is..
mad.gif

Back