Clutch pushrod oil seal & breaking open the engine

It's going to be fine...
whistle.gif

Rubb.

Not in the shop manual
Yep, good catch. Something I should have looked into a bit more after wondering which way they went. Took the diagram to heart and went with it. I'm glad you caught it! But it killed my heart to hear. Going to be breaking her open again..... hopefully it'll be a bit smoother after all the knowledge gained. I did replace the drive shaft seal but didn't replace the circlips... 3rd time is the charm

My k&n air filter has about an inch of separation between the rubber top and the air box. Anyone run k&n filters? I would think the rubber cover of the filter should be flush. Maybe the guy I bought it from bought the wrong model?

or a guide pin in one of the 2 halfs of the crankase i guess

and the piece itself at the pic above is not faulty - you have some of these "open" and hollow pins inside motor.

I'm going to check all my roller bearings i guess. I wouldn't think they were hollow. I don't see any spots for a guide pin this small on either side. Other than it being sheered off i agree, just want to know where it came from

I'm going to check all my roller bearings i guess. I wouldn't think they were hollow. I don't see any spots for a guide pin this small on either side. Other than it being sheered off i agree, just want to know where it came from

ok you´ll know better - do you?

these pins are definitely hollow and a bit beveled at one end .

ironic question - how many of them, "outa my collecting box", should i send you ??

Here's both of mine... don't appear damaged or hollow. Forgot to take pics of the guide pins but I have 4 that are much larger than the broken hollow pin I posted previously.

16096902383193092327400606773034.jpg

16096903257983881692389246579879.jpg

Last edited:
That pin looks to me like a spring type ‘roll pin’ as in this pic,
A29426E1-59F2-4636-A68F-7B65832EC80C.jpeg

I just can’t think of where this pin would be used in the engine:banghead:

Back