Clutch Problems!

Yep, on the 'Busa the oil level is below the clutch, so it doesn't "run" in oil at all.
It is however supplied with fresh oil to the plates as the chart on pages 5-20/21 of the service manual show.
On the other hand, it could make sense that when the plates are assembled dry, this way they will never really get as saturated as they should be?

ANIMAL,BE SURE THE INNER CLUTCH BASKET DOES NOT HAVE ANY BAD PITTED PLACES WHERE STEELS SLIDE BACK AND FORWARD.IF SO,REPLACE INNER BASKET IT'LL STILL CAUSE A MINOR CHATTER WITH THE CLUTCH,WANTING TO GRAB.

Just opened up my Busa for the Schnitz clutch mod and had to conclude that those clutch plates are definitely *NOT* soaked with oil.
If I hadn't known they'd been in there those
drive plates could've passed for new/clean/dry plates (haven't done any clutch antics/abuse with my Busa in the 5000 miles I have it BECAUSE of the weird stock clutch behaviour)!
So, the theory mentioned above by Nygie's dealer is starting to get "cred" for me.
And - of course - I'm now having my plates soak/saturate themselves with fresh oil for a while.

Back