Classifieds is open again

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Folks, sorry for the delays, the classifieds are back open.. We have upgraded to the newest version so there are a few enhancements...

1. The search feature works now (Thats always a bonus)
2. We now have the ability to expire ads...
3. Before we expire ads you will be notified of the changes.

One reason we have the classifieds ads in a seperate application is because it helps to keep the forum clean. Ads can be removed so there isn't a lot of clutter making looking for items clunky and making selling an item easier. An ad can't be posted for more than 90 days at a time without the seller having to come back and relist the item...

I don't think that having to come back every 3 months to click a button is too much to ask for a free place to sell and buy products. Not to mention you will get an automated email and PM with a link to the ad advising the product is going to be taken offline.

When an item does expire it is placed into the sold catagory for 3 days then it sits in a holding area for another 15 days. You have 3 days to get to the ad from the time you get the email to keep it from being listed as sold, you have 15 days to relist it without having to re enter the ad....

Let me know your thoughts...

cap

Thanks for the upgrades! Now someone buy that Joe Rocket jacket I posted!
Posted via Mobile Device

Doug...as always...thank you for the effort and time you put in to making this a great site...it REALLY IS APPRECIATED!!!!

Back