Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Nice to have all the images to browse through

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Now that the classifieds has some merchandise in there for sale can you see why we wanted to go this route? For those that have created new ads what is your thoughts on the ease of use? How is it compared to adding a new forum?

I think its easier to use especially for loading pics
Posted via Mobile Device

I like it, the only suggestion I can make is it would be easier if the thumbnail images would load to full size after you click them. I like keeping them small on the add, but as in the listing I have, you cant see the detail in the small pictures.

I like it, the only suggestion I can make is it would be easier if the thumbnail images would load to full size after you click them. I like keeping them small on the add, but as in the listing I have, you cant see the detail in the small pictures.

I agree. Usually I post 800x600 pictures, those in classified too small.

The images will load full size but you have to hit the "SUPERSIZE" link...

I agree that it would be better if the thumbnails were linked to the big images and not just the "supersize" thing..

Personally I prefer For Sale over Classified. You hit one button and you can see all adds on one page... I dunno... Every board using old school for sale section, people get used to it.
Easy bumping up too.

My items usually sold in 48 hours... Now I have 2 for a week and no sale yet.
It sure looks much prettier then For Sale forum.... Just like Tiffany over Wally world...

I don't think you will get has much traffic or impulse buys with this new way.

Ok Doug, time to hate me some more :( :laugh:

maybe kill off the entire left column? (not much "use-able" stuff there anyway)

Also eliminate the "Recent, popular, and random" ads as well.. take everything below the menu bar and just have the ads so that you can see more than 3 items per page.. All the rest seems pretty much like fluff..

Or make a drop down that allows you to adjust the number of ads you can see (well modify the default of 3 to say 10? and make an "ALL" option....

I think the 3 ads at a time is just to cumbersome...

The pages look good but after reading a few of the comments I think function needs a bump over the "form"

Last edited:
Just KEEP BOTH and stop complaining!
If you want to see pictures right off the bat then look in classifieds!
If you want quantity look in for sale!

newpage.jpg

I messed around with it alittle bit but found it way to hard for my little mind to navigate/get around, to much trouble. I got lost more than once.. :laugh:

Way to much trouble in order to buy something..

The supersize button does work. Sorry guys, I am stupid. :banghead:

Click the supersize button....

9-16-2008 11-10-25 AM.jpg

Last edited:
The classifieds are listed as post so if your looking in the new post then you will see these listed there too....

Randy to your point, once you get some volume in the classifieds then you will see different images in different places... Because there are a limited number in there you get the same pics.

I'm telling you all now we are not going back to the for sale in the threads....... There are 8 years of old bad habits that have to stop..... When you attach an image to the in the forum then I have to host that image for years to come... with the classifieds I can delete sales that are over a certain date...

Is it just me or does it seem like there was a ton more people selling stuff under the for sale forum? There's like 90 things for sale in the classifieds. It seemed like there were 20-30 new posts a day in the other forum?
Huh?

Cap, the only thing I'd recommend to clear up the confusion is too remove the old classifeid forum and link the new one there instead. Whatever older ads are there can be renewed by the poster in the new forum.

Back