christmas ride - DOH!

waterman2002

Registered
So about 45 and sunny today in NJ. Seemed like a great time for quick xmas ride. Rode about 20 miles and was really enjoying the ride. Stopped at a stop sign - pulling away into a left turn - small patch of wet road. . . or not . . .20 x 20 patch of black ice. front tire washes out and I am down in a slow motion drop from about 5 mph. even standing there the road just looked wet but the ice was so slick it was hard to stand on when I picked up the bike. I'm fine not even a scratch in my gear. but the bike has a new love mark on the left fairing. other than seriously scuffed fairing only damage was break away on clutch lever, left broken off off, and badly scuffed stator cover. Anyone looking to sell or donate parts please let me know. 2002 black and blue busa - stock left mirror, stock black stator cover, and standard aluminum clutch lever (not polished or chrome).

Still a fun ride regardless and a great beatiful morning. just will need to be extra careful to watch for ice where i least expect it. Happy Holidays everyone.

I think I have that stock clutch lever. I will check tomorrow I am pretty sure PM me ur mailing address

Also if you want to ride on ice go ahead an put the spikes on her.:rulez:

Glad you ok.:laugh:

Last edited:
glad you are okay... black ice can really bite you in the butt... and it doesnt sound like the bike took that of a beating either... Ride safe my friend

I found a left mirror it has scratches on the black back cover of it did yours get scratched or destroyed???

few pix of DOH

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bad luck..
Judging by the rust on the bar ends and rotor, also the pitting on the front wheel.. does your Bike spend a fair amount of time outside,alone?

no the bike isn't outside unless i'm riding it. Most of the crud is from yesterday, i don't wash it as much as I should. I just ride. The rotor isn't rusty the inner part is a goldish color but looks different in the pic. and the wheel isn't really pitted it is dried road crud and salt from yesterday, you can also see some on the fork. when I saw the pictures on my screen, I actually went back out to see what that stuff was. I generally year round if it is over about 40. i think the pix make the bike look dirtier than it is. The garage was very dark and i think the flash really picked up dirt. With respect to the bar end, the previous owner had minor drop so there were some smaller scratches already. I've had it three years and no drops till the ice yesterday and that really scuffed up the left side pretty good.

Back