Checkin' her out

techbum

Registered
I have seen this topic on here before but I can't seem to find it so maybe someone knows how to check the busa for straightness. I remember it had to do with a string tied to the front and rear wheel. Does anyone know about this? I laid her down when I first bought her and I would like to make sure things are 'kosher'. THANKS..........

I don't know the answer to your question, but it's good to see you post again. It's been a while hasn't it?
biggrin.gif

Try search using wheel alignment...I've seen it also...I don't know if that will help you if your frame is bent...
evil.gif

No....I'm sure the frame is not bent.....its just that (like a dummy), I laid her down turning into a side-street going about 5 mph. New tires,light sand sort of thing.....knocked my handle-bars crooked a bit. Got 'em straight again but they seem a tad off......just wanted to check everything to make sure before I started fine-tuning suspension. I'll keep looking around for the thread......but I hope someone remembers the procedure. And Yes....it has been awhile since I posted on here.....took a job at a motorcycle dealership and haven't had much computer time. Sorry mechanics there don't know about checking for trueness. Thanks for asking......nice to know that people notice you............Rocket On......

I remember the exact post you're talking about, but I can't remember where the h3ll I saw it. It was an excellent one with good pictures and text.

This is going to drive me nuts until I find it. I'm looking though.

I finally found it. Here's the link, and I also bumped it up in the Maintenance section.

jump9.gif

Thanks...thats the one. stkr00....you da' man......
I've looked and looked and couldn't find it. Thanks Again........

Back