Cheapest way to get into the 200mph club

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
The title says it all. I hope this question hasn't been beaten into the ground before. I'm not terribly interested in turbo or any major modifications, since normally the bike is plenty fast for me. But I would genuinely like to be able to say that I reached 200 mph. Is it possible without major mods?

It's one thing to say "yes, here's my slip verifying I've gone over 200mph" and another to say "I'm a member of the 200mph club".

To go over 200mph wouldn't take a large budget at all. To join the 2club will take a bigger budget.

Yeah, I'm lost now. Are you saying that the 200 mph club is a real club? Because I did not know that. I'm a relative newb, so be gentle with me. :bowdown:

And for clarity, how would one achieve the speed, sans the club status.

Yes there are official 200mph clubs. To gain entry to the club you have to break and set a record at a sanctioned LSR event at or above 200mph. In other words if the class you're competing in currently has the record of say 210mph then you would have to go faster than that speed to get into the 2club. So going <210 in that class would me yes you have gone over 200mph but no you're not a 2club member.

It used to be relatively easy to get in the 2club back in 2000 but since then the records for each class have gone way up. Here are two links that have plenty of information on Land Speed Racing (LSR). On the ECTA site you can see what the current records are for each class.

Welcome to ECTA

landracing.com - Home

as an example, for the all motor partial streamlined 1350 max cc class the current record is 212.917mph at Maxton:

9741 MPS/G-1350/4 Ace Performance Sal Spatafora Oct-06 212.917

Last edited:
Huh...and here I thought it just meant you'd gone 200 mph or better with some documentation to prove it.

I gotta say, it doesn't make much sense to have to set a new record to get "in the club". Eventually, there will be no new members and the current members will fade b/c nobody can beat 512.341 mph...to get into the 200 mph club. ???

Getting into the official 2club would be awesome but you can still come out to places like the Texas Mile and have a blast in search of 200mph. You won't get the official 2club Red hat but you will have a bunch of fun and meet a lot of great people while going FAST safely. :thumbsup:

To me, helping others go FAST and the friendship along the way is what it's all about; going 200+ is just a bonus... :beerchug:

For more info check out: www.texasmile.net/

Click my sig for info on running 200mph on a Gen-II for minimal $$... ;)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. In LSR it's more about your own personal achievements than anything else. You're not racing against anyone but a record and your personal best.

The LSR community is probably one of the few remaining garage/backyard groups. There's very little reward if any. Being able to go fast and help others go fast is what it's about.

Hell, my last trip out was a bust but I still had a great time and seeing the expression on others who have gone a little faster than there last run is the best! It's a shared experience. It means different things to different people but I think in the general LSR community it's all about sharing the experience, being safe, and having fun. :beerchug:

Getting into the official 2club would be awesome but you can still come out and have a blast in search of 200mph. You won't get the official 2club hat but you will have a bunch of fun and meet a lot of great people while going FAST safely. :thumbsup:

To me, helping others go FAST and the friendship along the way is what it's all about; going 200+ is just a bonus... :beerchug:

I joined the ECTA 2club on May of 03' going 210.128 in the APS/F 1650-4 class. I was using a single 2.5lb bottle mounted on the foot peg spraying 75HP in 4th-5th-6th only. That was the best $2,500 I ever spent. I can't tell you how proud I am to belong to this club and to this day, I will never forget my getting my hat and shirt from the Sultan of Speed, Scott Guthrie.
scott_guy.jpg

Scott's the handsome guy wearing the most coveted of club memberships, the B'Ville 2club Red Hat.

Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined the ECTA 2club on May of 03' going 210.128 in the APS/F 1650-4 class. I was using a single 2.5lb bottle mounted on the foot peg spraying 75HP in 4th-5th-6th only. That was the best $2,500 I ever spent. I can't tell you how proud I am to belong to this club and to this day, I will never forget my getting my hat and shirt from the Sultan of Speed, Scott Guthrie.
scott_guy.jpg

Scott's the handsome guy wearing the most coveted of club memberships, the B'Ville 2club Red Hat.

Guy

SWEET!! :bowdown::beerchug: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love the Drags, I have to say LSR's are where my heart is, (and I have yet to run in one!) Commuta_Busa and Got-Busa hit the nail on the head, it's about the family, and the selfless help and goodwill that surround these events. I've been building and tinkering on my Busa for 6 years to run in a standing mile event,(finances, family emergencies, and now shinny Titanium rods and screws in my back have post-poned my running in the LSR's) So if you have the chance, don't wait, maybe we'll see ya (and me) run at Texas in October.:beerchug:

I'll let you know if my plan works. This is a plan to run over 200 MPH, not to break a a record and get into the 2 club. I ran 180 and change on my stock busa last September.

I bought a turbo busa in December and will run Maxton with it in two weeks. Hoping to sell the bike for what I got it for, maybe a little less.

It's been a goal of mine for over 20 years to hit 200 MPH.

I can tell you it's been more time consuming than I originally planned so far though.

Trip to RCC Turbo to have Richard tune the bike. It had a tune, but I wanted Richard to tune it. I'm glad I did.

I'll let you know in two weeks whether I hit 200 and then we'll see about the sale.

Last edited:
Well i had my Busa de bugged so it thinks its in 5th gear and the 6th gear limiter dont come in.
Cost is £70 and it will passs 200mph easy, I took it to 200 and had to back off as she was still pulling

Huh...and here I thought it just meant you'd gone 200 mph or better with some documentation to prove it.

I gotta say, it doesn't make much sense to have to set a new record to get "in the club". Eventually, there will be no new members and the current members will fade b/c nobody can beat 512.341 mph...to get into the 200 mph club. ???
then you would not be a "competitor" in this realm... It is also does not have anything to do with what anyone else "knows" of or about you.. it is a personal achievement.. You do it for yourself..

I have been very lucky to be part of 2 record setting race programs and there is nothing quite like being on top of the pile no matter how brief the stay may be..

The fact that you were on top of "Everest" has no bearing on being the first or last guy there...

Well i had my Busa de bugged so it thinks its in 5th gear and the 6th gear limiter dont come in.
Cost is £70 and it will passs 200mph easy, I took it to 200 and had to back off as she was still pulling

Hope you're wearing flame proof clothing.....cause I can see the mob coming.

Everyone with a lick of common sense knows that removing the factory limiter will not get even close to 200+ (and still pulling....especially). If your speedo was reading 200 it's because of the error. You need a bare minimum of a 50 shot to break 200, and even more if you're going to do it in the standing mile. Additionally, the factory sprockets must also be changed as the 17/40 combo on the Gen 1's and the 18/43 on Gen 2's (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that setup) will not net 200mph and still pulling.

Last edited:
I m not into the rules , as in germany this kind of racing is not common.

Are there the "professionals" and "hobbyracers" in differrent classes ?

Dont the big tuners or Brands as kawa or Suzuki with large budgets take the records ?

We have "normal" motorcycle races at a "hobbylevel" but its impossible p.e. to take the roundrecords of the professionals.

please explain to a newby

Even on the Autobahn with some more miles to run (launch) , we are happy to see ever the real 300 km/h

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you must got some mad aero working on your behalf..

(btw, we are talking MPH, not KPH)

Back